MAVIC "MA2" wheel w/ "three leading, three trailing"

On Tue, 29 May 2007 22:11:38 -0700, jim beam <[email protected]>
wrote:
>Jasper Janssen wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 May 2007 22:40:40 -0700, jim beam <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> it's not "vanished", it's simply been superseded. like carburettors and
>>> contact breaker ignition.

>> And yet I can buy a brandnew Harley 1955 frame and flathead motor if I
>> want to, let alone carburettors for almost any engine ever made and -- if
>> you're a masochist -- points-based ignition for any car that came with it
>> stock, as well as modern replacements.

>because you can buy it, doesn't mean it's any good. microsoft and
>budweiser spring to mind.

Yes, but my point was, "superseded" doesn't *have* to mean "no longer
available". If the old stuff was truly so horrible, how come it's not
being made at all? For restorations if nothing else?

Jasper