Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

mavic open,cxp33 or ?

Started by clyds paul · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,041 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
7 September 2006
Last activity
8 September 2006
Original author
clyds paul
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,041
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was considering a new rim for my torelli.I run a mavic t520,a719 currently which is a 24.5mm rim a little wide for any tyre bellow a 28mm.The older t217 were 22.5mm which were ok for 25mm.36 hole hub cross 3 or 4 I always run.28mm tyres roll pretty fast but some are tight in the frame.I like a 25 maybe someday a 23 when I get smaller but at 6'5" 300lbs it will be some time.
    Thank You for the threads
    Remember STEEL IS REAL
    NOT PLASTIC
    CLYDS PAUL

  2. clyds paul said:

    I was considering a new rim for my torelli.I run a mavic t520,a719 currently which is a 24.5mm rim a little wide for any tyre bellow a 28mm.The older t217 were 22.5mm which were ok for 25mm.36 hole hub cross 3 or 4 I always run.28mm tyres roll pretty fast but some are tight in the frame.I like a 25 maybe someday a 23 when I get smaller but at 6'5" 300lbs it will be some time.


    At 300 lbs I would definitely go with the CXP33 over the Open Pro, 36 hole. I cannot say how they handle a 28 mm tire, though.

  3. plenty of people have had good experiences with CXP33s, but I've busted 2 of them, and I'm 'only' 200lbs. I now only use them as front wheels.

    I prefer the old CXP30 (30.5mm deep), or a 30mm Rigida, or similar. The CXP33 is actually quite light for a 23.6mm deep rim

  4. The CXP30s were absolutely bulletproof. The CXP33s are supposed to be a strong rim, I was not aware of the issues raised by 531Aussie. Consider getting them built with 36 spokes...

  5. Powerful Pete said:

    The CXP30s were absolutely bulletproof.

    That is true. Too bad Mavic does not sell them to the public any more. I think they use the same or a similar extrusion for some of their prebuilt wheels. You might be able to find some NOS gathering dust in an LBS somewhere.

    A Velocity Deep V might be an option. You can get 40 and 48 hole drillings and they will work with a 28mm tire.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.