Mavic Open Pro/Campy Record Wheels from Performance Bike

Qui Si Parla Campagnolo wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> >>

> > Sufficiently stronger? Stronger, yes. Sufficiently? Many, most,

find
> > 32 strong enough.

> I don't think I'll ever understand this. 4 spokes weigh 28 grams. 36

is
> stronger than 32...
> Strong enough?. Most wheels are perhaps just this side of 'strong
> enough' for the standard 175-200 pound rider. Would you get a

frameset
> that is 'just strong enough for most situations but may break 2% of

the
> time?
> What do ya suppose you 'buy' with 4 less spokes on a wheel?

Agreed. I had the audacity to actually ASK on this board whether a
claim that 32 was stronger was true or not. I just can't see why you
would use a 32 spoked wheel if weight and aerodynamics were of no
concern -- if the top concern is strength, why wouldnt you buy the 4
extra spokes?

But ... my post about Colo Cyclist was less supposed to preach what
kind of wheels to buy, and more about a) Colo Cyclist did me right...
and b) What I bought, for how much, and why.

I thought the whole point of this board was to share knowledge and
information.