Mavic open sport clincher rims

Nate Knutson wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
>
> > Early in it's life, we saw so many MA-3s crack and fail, with little
> > riders, big riders, no riders, that we stopped selling them and sent
> > the dozen or so we had back to mavic. We then used the Velocity Aero as
> > our low end rim and had great results with those. Not 'sexy', but a
> > good rim for not a lot of $-the Velocity Aero.

> Hm... does this mean there was a time when they were less than just a
> bit under the cost of the other Velocity rims? Because if the current
> price is your definition of low end then... well, lucky you.

'Low end' rims were less expensive because of 'features' that were not
included, like machined sidewalls and welded seams. BOTH of which I
think are unnecessary in a bicycle rim.

OpenSports don't have a welded seam. Aeros didn't have a machined
sidewall.

Nate Knutson wrote:
> Hm... does this mean there was a time when they were less than just a
> bit under the cost of the other Velocity rims? Because if the current
> price is your definition of low end then... well, lucky you.

It is low end, being $10 less than the more popular models.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

jim beam wrote:
> eh? so why the previous revisions??? why did you leave in such howlers
> as the confusion between strain aging & non-strain aging materials? if
> you fixed that and some of your other fundamental mistakes, you might
> find more consulting work coming your way, but as things stand, anyone
> that knows what they're looking at wouldn't hire you because "the book"
> makes you look, er, "underinformed".

Mr Beam, haven't you noticed that the windmills never respond? Why do
you persist with these attacks?