Mavic Sculpture crankset

johntp

Sep 3, 2003
I've seen a couple of Mavic Sculpture cranksets on E-bay and
elsewhere. I was wondering if anyone has any experience or
info them. They are no longer on the Mavic website so that was no help. They may not be the latest, greatest, super-light carbo loaded item, but they are certainly eye-catching.

Adios,

John

The Mavic 631 "Sculpture" crankset are absolutely gorgeous. One of the best looking crankset ever forged in my opinion. Especially the first version before they went through a minor redesign to lighten them a bit.

I used to own a set, beautifully forged and machined. Mavic's own road bottom bracket (114mm if I remembered correctly) worked well with the cranks. The whole setup was really smooth and stiff. The combo was relatively heavy however, especially compared to Shimano Dura-Ace 7410 low-profile crankset and BB.

Still a stunning crankset.

Originally posted by Tech72
The Mavic 631 "Sculpture" crankset are absolutely gorgeous. One of the best looking crankset ever forged in my opinion. Especially the first version before they went through a minor redesign to lighten them a bit.

I used to own a set, beautifully forged and machined. Mavic's own road bottom bracket (114mm if I remembered correctly) worked well with the cranks. The whole setup was really smooth and stiff. The combo was relatively heavy however, especially compared to Shimano Dura-Ace 7410 low-profile crankset and BB.

Still a stunning crankset.

Cool! I totally agree on the aesthetics and was wondering about the weight issue.