Mavic versus Velomax

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Churchill, Jul 12, 2004.

  1. Churchill

    Churchill Guest

    I have been looking for some new rims and I have narrowed it down to the two
    rim manufacturers.

    Anyone have some opinions on the above ?

    Thank you

    Tags:

  2. Churchill

    Churchill Guest

    "bfd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > yes-<< I have been looking for some new rims and I have narrowed it down

    to the
    > > two
    > > rim manufacturers.
    > >
    > > Anyone have some opinions on the above ? >><BR><BR>
    > >
    > > Neither-Go see a decent wheelbuilder that will design a wheelset

    specifically
    > > for you and your needs. Not some wheel outta a box manufacturer that

    will
    > > market-sell then abandon these designs.
    > >
    > > Email me your needs and I'll build ya a set-
    > >

    > Peter re-read his post. He is "looking for some new rims" and wants to
    > know about "Mavic versus Velomax". I agree with you that if he is
    > seeking to *complete* boutique wheelset, forget it. What alot of
    > people don't realize is if they buy a boutique wheelset, what is the
    > cost if the rim and/or spokes to replace if it gets damaged.
    > Replacement rims for Mavic Kyserium (sp?) can *start* at something
    > like $150, and up, for EACH RIM! Don't even ask about a replacement
    > rim for a Campy Neutron or Eurus....
    >
    > However, if he finds a good wheelbuilder, he can purchase a good,
    > durable and fairly lightweight rim starting as low as $30 each. Mavic
    > Open Pro rims are pretty durable. Velocity, Ambrosio, FiR, Sun and
    > many others also make good rims. Don't know about Velomax?

    I doubt you could build a Mavic or Velomax rim for $ 30 or everybody would
    do that !!