Mavic versus Velomax

Churchill

Guest
I have been looking for some new rims and I have narrowed it down to the two
rim manufacturers.

Anyone have some opinions on the above ?

Thank you

"bfd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > yes-<< I have been looking for some new rims and I have narrowed it down

to the
> > two
> > rim manufacturers.
> >
> > Anyone have some opinions on the above ? >><BR><BR>
> >
> > Neither-Go see a decent wheelbuilder that will design a wheelset

specifically
> > for you and your needs. Not some wheel outta a box manufacturer that

will
> > market-sell then abandon these designs.
> >
> > Email me your needs and I'll build ya a set-
> >

> Peter re-read his post. He is "looking for some new rims" and wants to
> know about "Mavic versus Velomax". I agree with you that if he is
> seeking to *complete* boutique wheelset, forget it. What alot of
> people don't realize is if they buy a boutique wheelset, what is the
> cost if the rim and/or spokes to replace if it gets damaged.
> Replacement rims for Mavic Kyserium (sp?) can *start* at something
> like $150, and up, for EACH RIM! Don't even ask about a replacement
> rim for a Campy Neutron or Eurus....
>
> However, if he finds a good wheelbuilder, he can purchase a good,
> durable and fairly lightweight rim starting as low as $30 each. Mavic
> Open Pro rims are pretty durable. Velocity, Ambrosio, FiR, Sun and
> many others also make good rims. Don't know about Velomax?

I doubt you could build a Mavic or Velomax rim for $ 30 or everybody would
do that !!