Mavic vs Neuvation

If having the customers do the required "maintenance" to keep their Mavic bushings alive was supposed to be knowledge Mavic wanted their customers to know, Mavic would say so right up front. Of course, that would cut into Mavic's bottom line, wouldn't it?

My LBS says the parade of Mavic wheel customers into the shop with bushing done died woes is constant, i.e. there is no shortage, at all, of Mavic bushings going tits up.

I would take a set of Cosmic Carbones at the right price, though, and I'd use 'em until the bushing died, i.e. a year or so. Then I'd put in a hub that was at least half decent, i.e. anything other than a Mavic hub, even a lowly Joytech hub, and then I'd have a nice, reliable wheelset.

alienator said:
If having the customers do the required "maintenance" to keep their Mavic bushings alive was supposed to be knowledge Mavic wanted their customers to know, Mavic would say so right up front. Of course, that would cut into Mavic's bottom line, wouldn't it?

I went with Neuvations R28 Aero4's... hm... to celebrate labor day :D
They have very detailed hub maintenance instructions with good photos (they don't look too complicated) and detailed replacement parts list. They answered each of my questions regarding alloy nipples vs brass nipples and sleeved rims vs welded rims on the same day. I don't think providing this info is cutting into this manufacture's bottom line, if anything, I think it helps it!
They should arrive in a few days... we'll see

rparedes said:
I went with Neuvations R28 Aero4's... hm... to celebrate labor day :D
They have very detailed hub maintenance instructions with good photos (they don't look too complicated) and detailed replacement parts list. They answered each of my questions regarding alloy nipples vs brass nipples and sleeved rims vs welded rims on the same day. I don't think providing this info is cutting into this manufacture's bottom line, if anything, I think it helps it!
They should arrive in a few days... we'll see

No matter what people think about Neuvation's wheels, it can't be denied that John Nugent is on top of his customer service game. That definitely helps the bottom line.