Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Max Teeth for a Short Cage rear mech

Started by Turkeytickler · · Last activity · 4 posts · 535 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
15 March 2004
Last activity
20 March 2004
Original author
Turkeytickler
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
535
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Any ideas what the maximum sprocket size a short cage
    Ultegra rear mech could handle?

    Ive got 53/39 upfront.

    tia

    Chris

    --
    Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
    opera.comm2

  2. turkeytickler said:

    Any ideas what the maximum sprocket size a short cage
    Ultegra rear mech could handle?

    Ive got 53/39 upfront.

    I've done 11-28 in the rear with a 53/39 up front and an 8-
    speed vintage Ultegra. I've heard of going up to 30t in the
    back, but I haven't done it myself.

    --
    Dave dvt at psu dot edu

  3. turkeytickler said:

    Any ideas what the maximum sprocket size a short cage
    Ultegra rear mech could handle?

    I believe the Shimano short road ones are all 28T. I used
    to use one on a mountain bike with an 11-28 cassette and
    it was OK.

  4. On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:30:25 -0000, turkeytickler <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Any ideas what the maximum sprocket size a short cage
    Ultegra rear mech could handle?

    According to the Shimano website, the Ultegra can handle
    a maximum sprocket of 27T and total capacity of 29T. This
    is for the current 9-speed version. I have heard that you
    can often exceed the manufacturer's recommendations by a
    few teeth.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.