Maxarya site update

John Riley

Guest
Max has updated his web site. Lots of gimmicks but loaded quickly on my machine. You can see a
pic of Max in the Gallery; he's on the yellow bike next to the tall, thin woman in jeans on the
silver bike.

I wasn't involved with this in any way, and don't have any real influence, so this is more of an FYI
than an invitation to critique.

http://www.maxarya.com/

direct link to the pic of max:

http://www.pathcom.com/~alifili/G06_Max_Ali_Still.jpg

John Riley

that's a nice looking bike! i'm not a big clwb fan, but that bike looks like a very good deal for
the money.

john riley wrote:
> Max has updated his web site. Lots of gimmicks but loaded quickly on my machine. You can see a
> pic of Max in the Gallery; he's on the yellow bike next to the tall, thin woman in jeans on the
> silver bike.
>
> I wasn't involved with this in any way, and don't have any real influence, so this is more of an
> FYI than an invitation to critique.
>
> http://www.maxarya.com/
>
> direct link to the pic of max:
>
> http://www.pathcom.com/~alifili/G06_Max_Ali_Still.jpg
>
> John Riley

Was it just me, or were there not any prices on the site? How much for the Ray 1X with all the
options? - front disc brake, kickstand, mirror, rack, etc.

Cool site, but I doubt it goes over well here, judging by the response given to Bigha when they came
out with a flash site.

[email protected] (john riley) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Max has updated his web site. Lots of gimmicks but loaded quickly on my machine. You can see a
> pic of Max in the Gallery; he's on the yellow bike next to the tall, thin woman in jeans on the
> silver bike.
>
> I wasn't involved with this in any way, and don't have any real influence, so this is more of an
> FYI than an invitation to critique.
>
> http://www.maxarya.com/
>
> direct link to the pic of max:
>
> http://www.pathcom.com/~alifili/G06_Max_Ali_Still.jpg
>
> John Riley

I have been in the presence of both CLWB models last month and I know the CAD prices, but not what
they are going for in the USA...so I should not quote a price here...except to say they (are)
affordable...given the high quality of the components being used re: people who can afford a RANS
Rocket can afford a Maxarya...these CLWBs are NOT over priced bents. Contact a dealer for prices. My
local bent shop ships to the USA so maybe get a price quote from him re: Carey Chen at
www.ucycle.com , Carey has the Maxarya in the shop, but hasn't put them on the bent website yet.
Also contact Maxarya for the address of a bent dealer closer to where you live. I don't know if Max
has established a dealer network in the USA yet...but ask.
"Lawrence Turner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Was it just me, or were there not any prices on the site? How much for the Ray 1X with all the
> options? - front disc brake, kickstand, mirror, rack, etc.
>
> Cool site, but I doubt it goes over well here, judging by the response given to Bigha when they
> came out with a flash site.
>
> [email protected] (john riley) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Max has updated his web site. Lots of gimmicks but loaded quickly on my machine. You can see a
> > pic of Max in the Gallery; he's on the yellow bike next to the tall, thin woman in jeans on the
> > silver bike.
> >
> > I wasn't involved with this in any way, and don't have any real influence, so this is more of an
> > FYI than an invitation to critique.
> >
> > http://www.maxarya.com/
> >
> > direct link to the pic of max:
> >
> > http://www.pathcom.com/~alifili/G06_Max_Ali_Still.jpg
> >
> > John Riley

OK - I know it's a small company in Canada, but it seems to me he would be better served to sell on
the Net - especially to the US. Living in SoCal, I'm far away from a Maxarya dealer. This means I
can't even get a price on the bike - let alone actually buy one.

Even if I was in range of a dealer, what are the chances I could find one in my size/color
preference with all the options I wanted? Slim. If you have Max's ear tell him to deal direct and he
may have a new customer.

[email protected] (Lawrence Turner) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> OK - I know it's a small company in Canada, but it seems to me he would be better served to sell
> on the Net - especially to the US. Living in SoCal, I'm far away from a Maxarya dealer. This means
> I can't even get a price on the bike - let alone actually buy one.
>
> Even if I was in range of a dealer, what are the chances I could find one in my size/color
> preference with all the options I wanted? Slim. If you have Max's ear tell him to deal direct and
> he may have a new customer.

Err... there isn't much size/color choice.

These bikes _should_ be available at your local recumbent dealer. Max is more of a designer than a
sales person and he has had some difficulty getting dealers to handle the bikes. I don't _think_
that is in any way because of any of max's policies or anything. If it is, I would encourage a
dealer to discuss it with him.

There are recumbent dealers in SoCal. If there are any close to you, I'd encourage you to ask them
to consider handling the bike. This is a great bike for a shop to have because it is very easy to
ride. When people show up who haven't ridden a recumbent before, it is common for the first test
ride to be on the bike that is easiest to ride. There are others of course, like the EZ1, but this
bike is much nicer.

Johnriley1 (at) rogers.com