Maximizing life expectancy/enjoyment

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:39:18 +1000, "DRS" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>IOW, you're full of ****. Run away then.

plonk

Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:38:40 +1000, "DRS" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Chupacabra <[email protected]> wrote in message
>[email protected]
>> On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 12:05:22 -0400, Full Mu_n <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>>> bye
>>>
>>> Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

>> So long, ***.

>The homophobia is so unnecessary.

'Cept it's not homophobia. Would you rather I called him a *****? The
two words are essentially interchangable in my vocabulary.

In this context, anyway.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OmegaZero2003 <[email protected]> wrote in message
> [email protected]
>
> [...]
>
> > It is a state of consciousness that has been reached by these people;
> > one that has been called: God Consciousness, Christ Consciosness,
> > enlightenment, Nirvana/Paranirvana, Consciousness Without and
> > Object/Subject etc. etc.
> >
> > It is emminently reachable although most always ineffable to normal
> > waking consciousness.

> Another word for it is psychosis: the state in which the mind loses

contact
> with reality.

You cannot define mind, psychosis or reality so for you to use all three
words in a sentence is evidence your reality is not in your mind but in a
psychotic state (like New York).

In sci.med.nutrition DRS <[email protected]> wrote or quoted:

> Since larger animals tend to live longer than tiny animals anyway I want to
> see the research done on elephants.

Unfortunately, the longer the lifespan of the animal you are interested
in, the longer you have to be prepared to wait for the results - and the
more the research costs to perform.
--
__________
|im |yler http://timtyler.org/ [email protected] Remove lock to reply.

OmegaZero2003 <[email protected]> wrote in message
[email protected]
> "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> OmegaZero2003 <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> [email protected]
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> It is a state of consciousness that has been reached by these
>>> people; one that has been called: God Consciousness, Christ
>>> Consciosness, enlightenment, Nirvana/Paranirvana, Consciousness
>>> Without and Object/Subject etc. etc.
>>>
>>> It is emminently reachable although most always ineffable to normal
>>> waking consciousness.

>> Another word for it is psychosis: the state in which the mind loses
>> contact with reality.

> You cannot define mind, psychosis or reality so for you to use all
> three words in a sentence is evidence your reality is not in your
> mind but in a psychotic state (like New York).

Stop right there. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
We can define those things, we have defined those things, we continue to
refine our understanding of them and simple-minded New Age twaddle like
yours benefits nobody. We do know there is an external reality because
solipsism has been disproved (it's logically incoherent, see
http://www.utm.edu/research/iep/s/solipsis.htm for a synopsis). That our
understanding isn't absolute in no way invalidates what we do know, and we
know enough that its fundamental coherence is established, so you're on a
hiding to nothing when you post nonsense like that.

--

A: Top-posters.

Chupacabra <[email protected]> wrote in message
[email protected]
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:38:40 +1000, "DRS" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> Chupacabra <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> [email protected]

[...]

>>> So long, ***.

>> The homophobia is so unnecessary.

> 'Cept it's not homophobia. Would you rather I called him a *****? The
> two words are essentially interchangable in my vocabulary.
>
> In this context, anyway.

It is homophobic, just as using "*****" as an abusive synonym for "weak" is
misogynistic. There a lots of other ways to put down idiots.

--

A: Top-posters.

Tim Tyler <[email protected]> wrote in message [email protected]
> In sci.med.nutrition DRS <[email protected]> wrote or quoted:
>
>> Since larger animals tend to live longer than tiny animals anyway I
>> want to see the research done on elephants.

> Unfortunately, the longer the lifespan of the animal you are
> interested in, the longer you have to be prepared to wait for the
> results - and the more the research costs to perform.

Details, details. If it works for elephants it'll work better for us. :)

--

A: Top-posters.

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 03:12:53 +1000, "DRS" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Chupacabra <[email protected]> wrote in message
>[email protected]
>> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:38:40 +1000, "DRS" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>> Chupacabra <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> [email protected]

>[...]
>>>
>>> The homophobia is so unnecessary.

>> 'Cept it's not homophobia. Would you rather I called him a *****? The
>> two words are essentially interchangable in my vocabulary.
>>
>> In this context, anyway.

>It is homophobic, just as using "*****" as an abusive synonym for "weak" is
>misogynistic. There a lots of other ways to put down idiots.

Feel free to think of me as a mysoginistic homophobe; that's your
prerogative.

I disagree, and that's mine.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OmegaZero2003 <[email protected]> wrote in message
> [email protected]
> > "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> OmegaZero2003 <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> [email protected]
> >>
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Another word for it is psychosis: the state in which the mind loses
> >> contact with reality.

> > You cannot define mind, psychosis or reality so for you to use all
> > three words in a sentence is evidence your reality is not in your
> > mind but in a psychotic state (like New York).

> Stop right there. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Stop right there. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Please establish how qualia are linked to neuronal events (neurochemical,
electrical or other eventings). You may use an extra sheet of virtual paper.

Do you deny (absurdly) that there are several known states of consciousness
(SOC).

Mind and brain (perhaps identical, perhaps mere overlap in some aspects,
perhaps disjoint (although the latter is doubtful)) have been defined in
several thousand ways; so in that respect they have been defined away. As
mechanism interacting with mechanism but with nary a thought to emergence
(from complex systems theory - remember - the waterfall in Java is not wet!)

Do you know how the subject is related to the object in consciousness? (No
peeking at Damasio, Dennett, Searle or Chalmers now).

What is intelligence (this will be fun folks)? Is it (in all its aspects)
the mind, or does mind have other qualities. Ditto brain.

What you do not know about reductionism will kill you intellectually (as it
already has in your case, apparently) as it has been shown to be deficient
in a number of realms (graph theory, cross-sub-discipline scientific
explanations, especially those involving hierarchies and connections betwixt
them, etc.)

AFA psychoses are concerned, please show that St. Thomas Aquinas, Alan
Watts, Arthur Koestler, Franklin Merrill-Wolff, Jidu Krishnamurti, David
Bohm (you know the world-famous physicist), Sri Vivekananda, and all the
others who claimed a SOC that was supernal and real (as real as NWC) are all
psychotic - please reference their psychiatrists case numbers and reports
delineating their psychosis and how they were treated (Otherwise you are
blowing smoke outta your substantial ass - an ass that composes perhaps
98.343% of your body mass).

BTW, how do you tell if something in your mind is real or not? Is it the
concept, the precept or percept or recept from which the concept arose, or
something else? Or are objects before consciousness relatively real? How
does context and time affect what is perceived as real - temporal aspects of
neuronal group theory for example. What of the fast and slow chemical
synapses and their relationship with perception of temporality?

Will a machine become conscious? Is being conscious the same as having
consciousness? Self-consciousness?

When you have satisfactorily answered all the above, I will get back to you.
Until then, please gain thee a deeper understanding of the Universe before
displaying your ignorance and lack of breadth and depth in such matters.
Your child-like display of pseudo-intellectualism based on such a narrow
understanding of all the sciences is disgraceful.

Thanks!

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OmegaZero2003 <[email protected]> wrote in message
> [email protected]
> > "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> OmegaZero2003 <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> [email protected]
> >>
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Another word for it is psychosis: the state in which the mind loses
> >> contact with reality.

> > You cannot define mind, psychosis or reality so for you to use all
> > three words in a sentence is evidence your reality is not in your
> > mind but in a psychotic state (like New York).

> Stop right there. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
> We can define those things, we have defined those things, we continue to
> refine our understanding of them and simple-minded New Age twaddle like
> yours benefits nobody.

PS - If you can read and understand what you read, you will notice that I
said nothing about the relative sunstantiality of the reality which our
sciences have so-far described. I take it you cannot keep up with subtle
arguments.

>We do know there is an external reality because

External to what?

> solipsism has been disproved (it's logically incoherent, see

Strawman.

> http://www.utm.edu/research/iep/s/solipsis.htm for a synopsis). That our
> understanding isn't absolute in no way invalidates what we do know, and we
> know enough that its fundamental coherence is established, so you're on a

I have more years in the scientific disciplines than you will ever have
son - so do not lecture me about what can be deemed fundementally coherent
or not. I did not argue the what we know should be invalidated (there's that
understanding thing again - of which you are sorely deficient), but
augmented appropriately when evidence so dictates.

> hiding to nothing when you post nonsense like that.

A: Arrogant pretend scientist
Q: What someone with the email address [email protected] is

OmegaZero2003 wrote:

> Do you deny (absurdly) that there are several known states
> of consciousness (SOC).

Several? There are many, many states of consciousness.
Attempts to count them appear meaningless to me.

--
-Wayne

"Wayne S. Hill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OmegaZero2003 wrote:
>
> > Do you deny (absurdly) that there are several known states
> > of consciousness (SOC).

> Several? There are many, many states of consciousness.
> Attempts to count them appear meaningless to me.

Well - reasonably distinctly charaterized then orthogonal in many respect to
the content of consciousness) (e.g., dream state, NWC, anesthesized, coma,
etc.)

But I understand you comment in the fuller sense and it is a good one!

If one enumerates SOCs considering the contents of C, and the
neuronal/neurochemical/quantum-mechanical substates (that cause, are
identical with or are otherwise related to the SOCs), then the list would be
practically infinite.

> --
> -Wayne

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OmegaZero2003 <[email protected]> wrote in message
> [email protected]
>
> [...]
>
> > I have more years in the scientific disciplines than you will ever
> > have

> How do you know?

It is obvious.

> > son - so do not lecture me about what can be deemed fundementally
> > coherent or not. I did not argue the what we know should be
> > invalidated (there's that understanding thing again - of which you
> > are sorely deficient), but augmented appropriately when evidence so
> > dictates.

> So why do you post such unmitigated pseudo-religious ****?

Why do you post such that it is obvious that you have no clue what you are
talking about, are bereft of depth and breadth in the scientific
disciplines, let alone cross-disciplinary endeavors and are close-minded to
boot?

> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

OmegaZero2003 <[email protected]> wrote in message
[email protected]

[...]

> I have more years in the scientific disciplines than you will ever
> have

How do you know?

> son - so do not lecture me about what can be deemed fundementally
> coherent or not. I did not argue the what we know should be
> invalidated (there's that understanding thing again - of which you
> are sorely deficient), but augmented appropriately when evidence so
> dictates.

So why do you post such unmitigated pseudo-religious ****?

--

A: Top-posters.

OmegaZero2003 <[email protected]> wrote in message
[email protected]

[...]

> Do you deny (absurdly) that there are several known states of
> consciousness (SOC).

Nope. That's not at all what I said.

[...]

> AFA psychoses are concerned, please show that St. Thomas Aquinas, Alan
> Watts, Arthur Koestler, Franklin Merrill-Wolff, Jidu Krishnamurti,
> David Bohm (you know the world-famous physicist), Sri Vivekananda,
> and all the others who claimed a SOC that was supernal and real (as

Anyone can claim anything about a subjective experience. You do know, of
course, that these sort of mind states can be induced in the laboratory.

> real as NWC) are all psychotic - please reference their psychiatrists

It's a psychotic state, which is not the same as saying the person is
psychotic.

[...]

> When you have satisfactorily answered all the above, I will get back

IOW, if I were silly enough to spend my next several lifetimes writing
philosophical books.

> to you. Until then, please gain thee a deeper understanding of the
> Universe before displaying your ignorance and lack of breadth and
> depth in such matters. Your child-like display of
> pseudo-intellectualism based on such a narrow understanding of all
> the sciences is disgraceful.

LOL!

"OmegaZero2003" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > OmegaZero2003 <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > [email protected]
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > I have more years in the scientific disciplines than you will ever
> > > have

> > How do you know?

> It is obvious.
>

> > > son - so do not lecture me about what can be deemed fundementally
> > > coherent or not. I did not argue the what we know should be
> > > invalidated (there's that understanding thing again - of which you
> > > are sorely deficient), but augmented appropriately when evidence so
> > > dictates.

> > So why do you post such unmitigated pseudo-religious ****?

PS: Stay away from religion or pseudo-religion; my information is based on
scientific inquiry of consciousness. How some have charaterized states of
consciousness - based on their culture, context and prior religious feelings
has little bearing on the inquiry.

Perhaps that is your problem/issue - one with religion qua religion, which I
may share to some degree.

But that in no way invalidates the scientific exploration of consciousness
and attemtps to *explain* those quasi-religious feelings that evolve from
certain SOCs, in terms defined by the sciences.

> Why do you post such that it is obvious that you have no clue what you are
> talking about, are bereft of depth and breadth in the scientific
> disciplines, let alone cross-disciplinary endeavors and are close-minded

> boot?
>

> > --
> >
> > A: Top-posters.
> > Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

OmegaZero2003 <[email protected]> wrote in message
[email protected]
> "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> OmegaZero2003 <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> [email protected]
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> I have more years in the scientific disciplines than you will ever
>>> have

>> How do you know?

> It is obvious.

Er, no.

[...]

> Why do you post such that it is obvious that you have no clue what
> you are talking about, are bereft of depth and breadth in the
> scientific disciplines, let alone cross-disciplinary endeavors and
> are close-minded to boot?

I don't.

--

A: Top-posters.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OmegaZero2003 <[email protected]> wrote in message
> [email protected]
>
> [...]
>
> > Do you deny (absurdly) that there are several known states of
> > consciousness (SOC).

> Nope. That's not at all what I said.
>
> [...]

Wow - quite the intellectual aren't you - snipping my questions and issues
that point to your incapability of "explaining" everything in the Universe!

So you make claims about certain SOCs. Apparently you do not even know what
constitutes such (even according to DSM-IV). And you cannot even provide a
simple explanation of what consciousness is, such that you can ascertain
(from a distance - another "Doctor" claimed that he could diagnose people at
a distance - his moniker is/was lysis - please do look him up - you may have
something in common - like idiocy), that a certain SOC is in fact a
psychotic SOC.

Like I said - since you cannot intelligently discuss things scientific,
please refrain from commenting further - you are embarrassing all
Australians (and I happen to really enjoy Steve Irwin!)

[...]

How long can it take you to answer a few questions about "reality"! Since
you know what it is - come on DRS!