Maximizing life of ti cogs vs. chains

Dave

Guest
I have a mountain bike and road bike with hideously expensive DA/XTR
cassettes whose lifespan I'd like to maximize. So what I'm wondering
is whether changing chains more frequently will do anything to further
this.

Normally I change chains when they read around .75mm on my chain
checker. Would changing chains more frequently make any realistic
difference?

Dave wrote:
> I have a mountain bike and road bike with hideously expensive DA/XTR
> cassettes whose lifespan I'd like to maximize. So what I'm wondering
> is whether changing chains more frequently will do anything to further
> this.

Yes.

> Normally I change chains when they read around .75mm on my chain
> checker. Would changing chains more frequently make any realistic
> difference?

Yes.

Bill "riding a road DA chain for a /ridiculously/ long time now" S.