Maximum Insertion for Easton EC70 Seatpost?

LoveBikes

Nov 23, 2007
Can anyone help me on this? Easton has a minimum and maximum insertion marks on their EC70 seatpost. I understand the meaning of the minimum mark but question what happens if the post is inserted beyond the maximum mark? Can't find any information in Easton's seatpost installation procedure.

Thanks.

Is this a joke? :)

Ah well.....

You're talking about having it too low, right?

if it's a long enough post (and the EC70 comas in 30cm, 35cm and 40cm) it can only go down as far before hitting the bottle cage bolts/threads.

The sectin of post that goes int he frame usually gets scratched a bit, so if you even raise it, it'll look fugly :)

Hi,

No this isn't a joke and thanks for your reply. I have a Easton EC70-250 and a Easton EC70-350 and they both have marks for minimum and maximum insertion. I was concerned that insertion past the maximum mark may lead to failure of the seatpost. Easton dosen't mention the maximum mark in any of there installation information, hence the question.

I can't think of a reason, other than bike fit and hitting the water bottle mounts, why too much insertion would be bad.

Just for fun, have you put a straight edge against the seat post? I have a Thompson layback post that definitely has a maximum insertion point but it doesn't need to be marked.