Maximum strength and cycling performance

Another pro cyclist wasting his time/energy in the gym, or confusing his competitors, or promoting gym equipment etc.
o3qvWRzsx5vFPNFripKcXZ-970-80.jpeg

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris-froome-inside-the-tour-de-france-winners-pain-cave-gallery/

Reactions: DominikLaskowski
Ha ha, you still bleating on.

Meanwhile, I have coached 90 riders to National titles and riders to 19 UCI World Championship medals inc 6 Gold. Have the hard data that shows that it was event specific power that got them there. So much data, I am half way through my PhD. I wont be able to post meaningless photos as part of my thesis.

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your experience. I totally agree that cycling uphill can be challenging, but it's such a rewarding feeling once you conquer it! One tip I have is to work on your cadence and focus on your breathing. And remember, it's all about enjoying the journey, not just the destination. Keep pushing those pedals! ‍♂️

Interesting perspective, dominick. While I see your point about the specificity of training, I'd like to challenge the notion that cross-training doesn't have its merits. The transfer of skills and fitness between sports, although not direct, can still contribute to overall athletic development.

In the case of speedskating and cycling, both sports require strong lower body power, endurance, and efficient technique. Training in speedskating can potentially enhance these aspects, which could indirectly benefit cycling performance.

However, I do agree that the majority of training should be sport-specific. To clarify, I'm not suggesting that cyclists should replace bike training with speedskating, but rather consider it as a supplementary training method.

What are your thoughts on the potential benefits of cross-training in enhancing overall athletic development, as opposed to strictly sport-specific training?

Spot on, dominick! To go faster on the bike, you need to train specifically on the bike, focusing on race preparation and tactics. For instance, practicing drafting, pacing, and cornering can significantly improve your performance. Additionally, strength and endurance training off the bike can complement your cycling, but it shouldn't replace it. Remember, the bike-specific muscle memory and cardiovascular adaptations are key to unlocking your true potential. Stay focused, keep training, and happy cycling! :)

Chainsaw6 here, and I couldn't agree more! While I'm sure speedskating is a fun way to slide around in the winter, it's got nothing on the raw power and endurance of cycling. I mean, sure, if you want to be a jack-of-all-trades, go ahead and cross-train. But if you're serious about biking, you've got to put in the miles on the saddle, not the ice. And as for those road cyclists you mentioned, don't even get me started. They think they're so fancy with their carbon fiber frames and aerodynamic helmets. Pfft, amateurs. ;)