MaxxisCC trials tire FROZE.

forrestunifreak

Guest
Well, its been pretty cold here lately, the other day it was around -23
F (30 centagrade) and today its a little warmer, around -15 F.

I knew the Maxxis Creepy Crawler doesnt handle cold very well, but when
I went out to ride it a little bit ago, the tire was completly solid.
Hopping is very hard, it feels like the tire pressure is very very
high. But the last time I rode it in warm weather I left it at 25 PSI.
Not only does it not work for hopping, but just -riding- it it is slow
and sluggish. It was as if the rubber froze solid.

Any other tire I have on my unicycles works in the cold just fine. My
muni, 2.6, behaves normally, my older DX with the Kenda K-rad 2.3 is
just fine. But the Maxxis CC is a big no-no in the cold. As you can see
at the end of 'this thread' (http://tinyurl.com/co5kg), the tire
wanders off the rim when you take it from cold to warm too fast.

This tire sucks if you live in a colder climate. So im stuck not being
able to ride my trials in the winter.

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

Yeah im planning on switching to the Luna evantually anyway. But not
yet, I dont have the money right now.

While I'm here, were can you buy them anyhoo? unicycle.com doesnt have
them anymore, and they were probally more expensive anway.

--

forrestunifreak wrote:
> Yeah im planning on switching to the Luna evantually anyway. But not
> yet, I dont have the money right now.
>

> While I'm here, were can you buy them anyhoo? unicycle.com doesnt have
> them anymore, and they were probally more expensive anway.

I buy you one if UDC had them in stock... The only other place that
stocks them is bedford...

--
DK

*\"faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of
death.\" - hunter s. thompson*
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

Okay, I figured Bedford is the place I would end up going.

> It's starting to get cold out and my creepy crawler feels dead.

It gets worse...

--

uniracer wrote:
> webcyclery.com has some tires that i believe are still in stock

As far as I can find, they don't. They have the maxxis, try-all, and
echo mod tires, but no Luna.

I need help finding a place to buy a Luna, because buying one from
Bedford will cost $16 shipping, for a total of $46!

What should I do?

--

forrestunifreak wrote:
> What should I do?

just buy it..it would cost me 16 from uni.com probobly since im on the
west coast.

you could probobly get a Bedford shirt too or somthing light like that
in the same box for the same 16 freight.

--
jagur

theres enough BS in life, without mobius contributing.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

forrestunifreak wrote:
> As far as I can find, they don't. They have the maxxis, try-all, and
> echo mod tires, but no Luna.
>

> I need help finding a place to buy a Luna, because buying one from
> Bedford will cost $16 shipping, for a total of $46!
>
> What should I do?

did you convert it to USD?

--
DK

*\"faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of
death.\" - hunter s. thompson*
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

Forrestunifreak, did you notice any cracking on the CC, which has been
mentioned on other threads? I'm worried abou damaging my tyre over the
winter, which although pretty mild in Britain can still hit -10 C at
times, particularly in north Wales.

--
kington99

Dave

DK wrote:
> did you convert it to USD?

No, Darren calculated it, he said it would be $16 USD.

I e-mailed UDC to make sure they dont have it availible anymore, and
sure enough, they dont stock it any longer. They told me to check my
local bike shop. I did, and go figure, they can't find it.

Is Bedford really the only place in the world were you can buy a
Luna??

kington99 wrote:
> Forrestunifreak, did you notice any cracking on the CC, which has been
> mentioned on other threads? I'm worried abou damaging my tyre over the
> winter, which although pretty mild in Britain can still hit -10 C at
> times, particularly in north Wales.

No, my Maxxis hasn't cracked even a little bit. But I suspect after it
gets worn down more, it might start cracking....

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

Deffinatly get a Luna. They wear down MUCH slower than the creepies.
I've had my Lunas ever since I started trials unicycling... I'm not
going to say that it's still all that great cause I really need to get
a new tyre but hey! It's still working!

Whereas my friend Kapoute who bought a kh20" with a creepy just at the
beginning of the summer already has a bald tyre. (and no, it's not
cause he rode a million times more :p)

--
Murde Mental

"You make love demon style." ~Kristine

Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463