Maybe a little justice

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tritonrider, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    There is hope for justice.

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/aug03/aug13news2

    Political support for suspended German trackies The German Cycling Federation's (BDR) decision to
    suspend the four members of its pursuit team after the infighting at the World's has even attracted
    concern from German politicians, who want to see the quartet in action at the Athens Olympics in
    2004. The Minister of Defence, Peter Struck, and Saxony's Minister of Science and Art, Matthias
    Rößler, have raised their voices in support of the pure track riders Christian Bach, Sebastian
    Siedler and Jens Lehmann (the fourth, Daniel Becke, has a road contract with the Bianchi team).
    <snip> Read the rest It's nice to see somebody cares. Bill C

    Tags:

  2. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    TritonRider wrote:
    > There is hope for justice.
    >
    > It's nice to see somebody cares. Bill C

    But "sporting soldiers"? Don't German politicians have something better to do than focus on sports?

  3. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: "Kyle Legate" [email protected]

    >But "sporting soldiers"? Don't German politicians have something better to do than focus on sports?

    With what I've been reading here: http://www.rheinpfalz.de/ and the level of competence of Deutsch
    leadership I'd be looking for distractions too. Bill C