Maynese in 10 seconds ?

Dee Randall wrote:

> After that, I started using organic coconut oil and it is pretty
> tasteless, which is what I want. Sometimes I use it in conjunction
> with butter. Yeah, I know, that's a lot of fat! But I don't eat
> much of either. I usually use EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil) and
> combine it with butter, depending on what I'm cooking.
> Dee Dee

I would rather suggest to stick with coconut oil for any thermal food
preparation, as in the oil saturated fats dominate with more than 97
or 98%, as molecules of saturated fats are stable at high
temperatures and so they don't form cancerous toxins, contrary to
unsaturated fats when heated. It also does not contain transfats, nor
a cholesterol as butter, nor it affects a cholesterol in a body.
Save oils with unsaturated fats for salads and sauces if you are
concerned with health.

TammyM wrote:

> My brother! We were obviously separated at birth! Tell mom happy
> 70th from her long lost daughter in Sacramento <g>

Will do :)

> TammyM, Reg's lil sister in Sacramento, California

Half sister, but we won't tell Dad that!

"zxcvbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Now does anyone have a recipe for making Miracle Whip? (I'm kind of
> serious.) I think maybe you could start with homemade mayo and whip in
> some cooked flour and milk paste and a little sugar...
>
> -Bob

Can't start with mayo. Taint no eggs in miracle whip. That's the
miracle.

"Del Cecchi" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "zxcvbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Now does anyone have a recipe for making Miracle Whip? (I'm kind
>> of serious.) I think maybe you could start with homemade mayo
>> and whip in some cooked flour and milk paste and a little
>> sugar...
>>
>> -Bob

> Can't start with mayo. Taint no eggs in miracle whip. That's the
> miracle.

I wouldn't call that a miracle exactly... My guess is the miracle is
that people buy it :) Too much vinegar and sugar in it.

I only eat egg-free "mayo" (it's called salad dressing or salad cream
if it has no eggs) but not Muhr-Ackle Whip.

http://followyourheart.com/vegenaise.html

I prefer the original to the other two.

'Nuff said. Carry on carrying on.

--

"Compassion is the chief law of human existence."

Dostoevski, The Idiot

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:55:49 +0000, Dj. wrote:

> Is it true that with such a mixer mayonnaise can be prepared in mere
> ten seconds ? One of participants in a local forum claims that she
> put all ingredients in a bowl and after start of mixing with her
> special mixer the mayonnaise is ready to eat in ten seconds.
>
> Here is her famous mixer, although I don't know what extension she uses:
> http://www.moulinex.com/fi.cfm?page=/en/products/famille.cfm&pol=TABLE&uni=PRAL&fam=MIXER
>
> Thank you.

Personally, I've never heard of the dump method. Why not try it and
get back to us on if it works or not? You don't need a stick blender
if you don't have one on hand.

Also, I think 10 seconds is a bit fast. It takes that long just to
pour in measured ingredients! I'd drizzle in the oil instead of
dumping it in all at once, but if you use a (regular) blender or food
processor to make mayonaise, it's very quick. If that person had said
a minute or two, I wouldn't be surprised.

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:55:49 +0000, Dj. wrote:
>

>> Is it true that with such a mixer mayonnaise can be prepared in mere
>> ten seconds ? One of participants in a local forum claims that she
>> put all ingredients in a bowl and after start of mixing with her
>> special mixer the mayonnaise is ready to eat in ten seconds.
>>
>> Here is her famous mixer, although I don't know what extension she uses:
>> http://www.moulinex.com/fi.cfm?page=/en/products/famille.cfm&pol=TABLE&uni=PRAL&fam=MIXER
>>
>> Thank you.

> Personally, I've never heard of the dump method. Why not try it and
> get back to us on if it works or not? You don't need a stick blender
> if you don't have one on hand.
>
> Also, I think 10 seconds is a bit fast. It takes that long just to
> pour in measured ingredients! I'd drizzle in the oil instead of
> dumping it in all at once, but if you use a (regular) blender or food
> processor to make mayonaise, it's very quick. If that person had said
> a minute or two, I wouldn't be surprised.

If you dump everything in a tall slender container, it separates with
the oil on top. When you start with the stick-blender at the bottom you
are not mixing in all the oil at once, you are mixing it in as it gets
pulled into egg mix down at the blades.

It might work if you dump everything into a food processor or a regular
blender, but I wouldn't count on it. The stick blender has a definite
advantage here.

Bob

Del Cecchi wrote:
> "zxcvbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Now does anyone have a recipe for making Miracle Whip? (I'm kind of
>>serious.) I think maybe you could start with homemade mayo and whip in
>>some cooked flour and milk paste and a little sugar...
>>
>>-Bob

> Can't start with mayo. Taint no eggs in miracle whip. That's the
> miracle.

I never noticed that! Maybe it's the eggy taste in mayonnaise that I
don't like; I thought it was the oiliness. I only use real mayo for
making deviled eggs and I use salad dressing (usually Miracle Whip) for
everything else.

Bob

"zxcvbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> sf wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:55:49 +0000, Dj. wrote:
>>

>>> Is it true that with such a mixer mayonnaise can be prepared in mere
>>> ten seconds ? One of participants in a local forum claims that she
>>> put all ingredients in a bowl and after start of mixing with her
>>> special mixer the mayonnaise is ready to eat in ten seconds.
>>>
>>> Here is her famous mixer, although I don't know what extension she uses:
>>> http://www.moulinex.com/fi.cfm?page=/en/products/famille.cfm&pol=TABLE&uni=PRAL&fam=MIXER
>>>
>>> Thank you.

>> Personally, I've never heard of the dump method. Why not try it and
>> get back to us on if it works or not? You don't need a stick blender
>> if you don't have one on hand.
>>
>> Also, I think 10 seconds is a bit fast. It takes that long just to
>> pour in measured ingredients! I'd drizzle in the oil instead of
>> dumping it in all at once, but if you use a (regular) blender or food
>> processor to make mayonaise, it's very quick. If that person had said
>> a minute or two, I wouldn't be surprised.

> If you dump everything in a tall slender container, it separates with the
> oil on top. When you start with the stick-blender at the bottom you are
> not mixing in all the oil at once, you are mixing it in as it gets pulled
> into egg mix down at the blades.
>
> It might work if you dump everything into a food processor or a regular
> blender, but I wouldn't count on it. The stick blender has a definite
> advantage here.
>
> Bob

Once you have your ingredients in the container, (then you start counting
your seconds, not before!, but you don't have to count seconds--) you put
the stick-blender down into the container, turn it on, after it has blended
a couple of seconds, you move your blender upwards and downwards maybe once
or twice. That's it.
Dee Dee

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 14:11:48 -0400, Dee Randall wrote:

> Once you have your ingredients in the container, (then you start counting
> your seconds, not before!, but you don't have to count seconds--) you put
> the stick-blender down into the container, turn it on, after it has blended
> a couple of seconds, you move your blender upwards and downwards maybe once
> or twice. That's it.

Sounds like a large drinking glass will do the trick!

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:50:50 -0500, zxcvbob wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:55:49 +0000, Dj. wrote:
> >

> If you dump everything in a tall slender container, it separates with
> the oil on top. When you start with the stick-blender at the bottom you
> are not mixing in all the oil at once, you are mixing it in as it gets
> pulled into egg mix down at the blades.

AHA! Tall, thin container and stick blender... it's making more sense
now. Thanks for the explanation!

> It might work if you dump everything into a food processor or a regular
> blender, but I wouldn't count on it. The stick blender has a definite
> advantage here.

I have a stick blender, now I need to find the right container. Maybe
one of my larger glasses will do.

"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Borrow yourself a stick before you buy -- I've heard that some are better
> than others -- and some are NOT cheap.

Thanks, but I've already got one. Wouldn't be without it for
many tasks (cream of whatever soup, for instance) - it just
never occurred to me to try making mayonnaise with the thing.
Must be a blind spot or sumthin'.

Mine's a Cuisinart cordless - can't say how it compares
with others, as it was the first one I ever had and I got it
as a Christmas gift a couple of years back. I would
especially wonder about how it compares with a corded
model in terms of power, but I just know I'd be dragging the
cord through stuff if I had one of those. And this one seems
more than adequate for anything I've tried so far.

Bob M.

Bob Myers wrote:
> "Reg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>Too late. Nothing can stop me from buying the nuclear powered
>>5000 watt unit at this point. Nothing!

> This would be the Binford NuclearBlend 1200X, I presume? :)
>
> Bob M.

You left out the words "titanium" and "turbo". HTH ;-)

Bob

sf wrote on 27 Aug 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:55:49 +0000, Dj. wrote:
>
> > Is it true that with such a mixer mayonnaise can be prepared in
> > mere ten seconds ? One of participants in a local forum claims
> > that she put all ingredients in a bowl and after start of mixing
> > with her special mixer the mayonnaise is ready to eat in ten
> > seconds.
> >
> > Here is her famous mixer, although I don't know what extension
> > she uses:
> > http://www.moulinex.com/fi.cfm?page=/en/products/famille.cfm&pol=T
> > ABLE&uni=PRAL&fam=MIXER
> >
> > Thank you.

> Personally, I've never heard of the dump method. Why not try it and
> get back to us on if it works or not? You don't need a stick
> blender if you don't have one on hand.
>
> Also, I think 10 seconds is a bit fast. It takes that long just to
> pour in measured ingredients! I'd drizzle in the oil instead of
> dumping it in all at once, but if you use a (regular) blender or
> food processor to make mayonaise, it's very quick. If that person
> had said a minute or two, I wouldn't be surprised.

I've used the dump method...it works and well, but only with a stick or
wand blender. Doesn't work in a food processor. I start my wand blender
at the bottom of the glass and slowly raise it while rocking
it...probably takes 5 or 6 seconds to turn it into mayo. I don't even use
a room temp egg. Probably 1 to2 minutes if you count getting the stuff
out of cupboards and the fridge.

1 egg
1 cup canola oil to 1 and 1/2 cups
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon or lime juice and either lemon or lime zest.
pinch of salt and sugar
2 or 3 garlic cloves, to taste

Dump it all in a small diameter tall container that will just
comfortably fit the wand blender (say a peanut butter jar). Immerse the
blender, turn on and slowly while rocking raise blender. None of this
drizzling ****.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Del Cecchi" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "zxcvbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Now does anyone have a recipe for making Miracle Whip? (I'm kind of
> > serious.) I think maybe you could start with homemade mayo and whip in
> > some cooked flour and milk paste and a little sugar...
> >
> > -Bob

> Can't start with mayo. Taint no eggs in miracle whip. That's the
> miracle.

Not speaking from experience, but I'd start with an "oilless" bechamel,
and add seasonings.

Isaac

In article <[email protected]>,
sfpipeline_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I have a stick blender, now I need to find the right container. Maybe
> one of my larger glasses will do.

pint jar. peanut butter jar. water tumbler.
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> Several notes since 8/18/05,
including the Blue Ribbon Brownie Recipe and a sad note added

"nancree" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1125074833.073672.152340
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Yes, Mayonnaise is very easy to make with a stick blender like that.
> (Chances are, you will seldom if ever use the other attachments.I
> bought a Braun blender at the local hardware store for about $20.)

<snip brilliant mayonnaise recipe>

> I make this regularly. Haven't bought mayonnaise in years.
> Enjoy.
> Nancree

Omg, I think I love you. I've been meaning to get out sheol's food
processor and try making mayonnaise, but can never be bothered to set the
damn thing up. My Bamix, on the other hand, I love with an unholy passion.
I shall use it to make some mayonnaise tonight.
*kisses bamix (unplugged ;))*

One question: how long does it keep?

Thanks :)

nil illegitimi carborundum