Mayo or ketchup

Kakashi

Feb 3, 2018
Which is healthier Mayonnaise or Ketchup?

I'm going for Mayonnaise because it's made from eggs and that means healthy unsaturated fat.

I had a chance to have a casual talk with a dietitian in one gathering. Since I was on a diet at the time, dieting food was the topic I initiated. She said that mayonnaise has a rich ingredient particularly with the egg so it would be better if I shift to vinegar for the salad dressing. That means when you are eating a sandwich, mayonnaise is not a good option although I cannot say if ketchup is better than mayonnaise.

I had a chance to have a casual talk with a dietitian in one gathering. Since I was on a diet at the time, dieting food was the topic I initiated. She said that mayonnaise has a rich ingredient particularly with the egg so it would be better if I shift to vinegar for the salad dressing. That means when you are eating a sandwich, mayonnaise is not a good option although I cannot say if ketchup is better than mayonnaise.

I love mayonnaise in my sandwiches. One of my fave comfort food is chicken macaroni salad which also uses a lot of mayo. I only use certain brands and my fave is Kraft, Magnolia and Ladies Choice.

I love mayonnaise but just for bread and for salad. But if you will mix it in other dishes, like the famous Sisig, I don't like it anymore. Ketchup is better if you will mix it on your food, but about if what's is more healthy? I think the ketchup for me.

No mayo for me. Miracle whip is better, tastewise, but probably not good for the body. One-inch thick ketchup sandwiches are good but in moderation.

Mayo is basically entirely fat. Go look how it's made. Almost 100 cal in one tablespoon.

Potato salad, tuna salad, aioli, all kinds of things have mayo in them. Many fast food places put it all over your stuff by default.

Don't eat it if you care about your weight and your health. And watch out for salad dressings and fruit juices too - loads of calories.

No mayo for me. Miracle whip is better, tastewise, but probably not good for the body. One-inch thick ketchup sandwiches are good but in moderation.
Someone is playing games, using my words from a previous comment. Not appreciated.

Mayo is basically entirely fat. Go look how it's made.
Almost 100 cal in one tablespoon.

Potato salad, tuna salad, aioli, all kinds of things have mayo in them.
Many fast food places put it all over your stuff by default.

Don't eat it if you care about your weight and your health.
And watch out for salad dressings and fruit juices too -
loads of calories.
Ketchup is a low-calorie condiment, made from tomatoes, vinegar, salt, pepper, and spices. It contains 15 calories per tablespoon and vitamins A and C. Compared with its competitor mayonnaise, ketchup has no fat and far fewer calories per tablespoon (mayo contains 103 calories, 12 grams fat).