Mayo Positive For EPO

positive for EPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It this is finally true, then Mayo is a complete idiot!!! One thing is to do as Vino did, a blood transfusion, and another thing is to use EPO which is easily detectable since 2001!!!!

Smilf said:
Didn't this happen in the Giro?
That was his T/E Ratio, but further testing showed that it wasn't artificial testosterone.

sopas said:
positive for EPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It this is finally true, then Mayo is a complete idiot!!! One thing is to do as Vino did, a blood transfusion, and another thing is to use EPO which is easily detectable since 2001!!!!

No it's not, through the use of micro-dosing and masking agents. Just ask Museeuw.

Iban Mayo tested positive for EPO on the Tour de France's rest day, July 24, it was announced Monday night. His team Saunier Duval was informed of the positive test by the UCI and immediately suspended the Spanish rider.

The 29 year-old finished 16th in the Tour de France, which finished Sunday. He was 27'09" behind winner and compatriot Alberto Contadour (Discovery Channel).

Poor *******.... no wonder he wanted to drop out all those times in the Tour...... they kept withholding his gear........ I have to say this is a wonderful thing.... was he sharing a room with David Miller ? :p

At last when riders test positive they test positive....

wow thats the first 29 riders behind Armstrong in 2003 have test positive ! He was some rider !

olo said:
That was his T/E Ratio, but further testing showed that it wasn't artificial testosterone.

Show's target testing is now working...... ie the UCI are now going after riders who they think might be up to something or pulling funny **** like he did in the Giro..... vino was the same after the funny **** he was doing at the Dauphine.... ie winning stages at will and then taking it easy when he wanted to......

tommyadrian5 said:
did anybody really think he was good? having one good drug fuelled year doesn't make you class

That day on Ventoux a journalist inspected his bike after his historic ride and noticed that he had ripped the crank almost out of its socket ! They had actually drilled metal pins into the crank arm to give it more support..... he put 2 minutes into Armstrong and a 90 seconds into Hamilton... its the single most amazing TT I've ever seen...... drug fueled yes but still amazing...

Oh man, I liked Mayo. I guess we know how he flew up Alpe d'Huez now...

Note to self: don't get attached to cyclists!

mrfrogger said:
Oh man, I liked Mayo. I guess we know how he flew up Alpe d'Huez now...

Note to self: don't get attached to cyclists!
Clips of this are on You Tube. Mayo was absolutely flying up that hill. It was obvious he was juiced.

whiteboytrash said:
That day on Ventoux a journalist inspected his bike after his historic ride and noticed that he had ripped the crank almost out of its socket ! They had actually drilled metal pins into the crank arm to give it more support..... he put 2 minutes into Armstrong and a 90 seconds into Hamilton... its the single most amazing TT I've ever seen...... drug fueled yes but still amazing...

Mayo's only 29.

Already the "generational doping" platitude looks shaky.

Why the delay? Did they slow this one up to save further embarrassment or does the EPO test take longer? The other cheats were nailed much quicker.

Since his removal wasn't going to greatly affect the GC standings, they probably waited till after the finish so it wouldn't look so bad and most of the media would have already departed. Sad, but probably true.

Gregers said:
Why the delay? Did they slow this one up to save further embarrassment or does the EPO test take longer? The other cheats were nailed much quicker.

Crankyfeet said:
Since his removal wasn't going to greatly affect the GC standings, they probably waited till after the finish so it wouldn't look so bad and most of the media would have already departed. Sad, but probably true.

Mayo just confessed on Spanish TV...... he said he was sorry and said he had phoned David Miller to apologies..... David Miller said he wasn't happy at SD and like their ethics on drugs.... slipstream here we come !

Crankyfeet said:
You need to look closer at these stories to determine who "they" are when it comes to releasing this information. In this case, shock of all shocks, it appears proper protocol was followed with the lab telling the UCI and the UCI informing the team, with no mention of ASO being involved.

There will surely be some ****** off reporters who were not tipped off by the lab in advance.

tommyadrian5 said:
did anybody really think he was good? having one good drug fuelled year doesn't make you class
I thought he was pretty good. I liked his technique and when he had Armstrong on the ropes those couple of times he seemed very light on his pedals compared to Armstrong's rather bullish style.