Mayo Positive For EPO

What that riddle doesn't state is whether the rider thinks, and whether the cycling community thinks, that the practices of the certain French lab that will be testing his samples are in line with WADA's own principles and in accordance with "best practices" for Olympic-type testing. If I were a clean rider, but I did not believe that the lab is reliable when it comes up with non-negatives, I would be worried about the lab deliberately or inadvertently distorting my "real" results (of being a clean rider).

As demonstrated by the independent arbitration panel that supported LA's arguments, the French lab at issue is not only not following standard testing procedures (including WADA's own Code), but also many parties other than the cyclists have very questionable conduct involved here.

musette said:
Note certain other posters in this forum have argued that "looking tired" after hard stages seems to support innocence on doping. What a lousy argument!
Is it universal? Is there some sort of agreement here that all dopers should look fresh after a stage and all clean riders should look like hell?

There certainly some strange things after stages. We've seen some riders put in fantastic performances and end the stage looking more like a fan on the road than someone who just rode everyone off his wheel on the final climb. Or other riders who look utterly wasted after the same stage. The contrast is rather stark and interesting. It sure does look weird after what riders used to look like after mountain stages in the 80s. What it means, I don't know. I just file it away in the "strange and unexplained" category. But who here is trying to make doping test that consist of how riders look after a stage?

The most we have is some aussies looking for any rationalization they can find as to why Evans is clean.

musette said:
What that riddle doesn't state is whether the rider thinks, and whether the cycling community thinks, that the practices of the certain French lab that will be testing his samples are in line with WADA's own principles and in accordance with "best practices" for Olympic-type testing. If I were a clean rider, but I did not believe that the lab is reliable when it comes up with non-negatives, I would be worried about the lab deliberately or inadvertently distorting my "real" results (of being a clean rider).

As demonstrated by the independent arbitration panel that supported LA's arguments, the French lab at issue is not only not following standard testing procedures (including WADA's own Code), but also many parties other than the cyclists have very questionable conduct involved here.
Ok, the lab that does the tests is perfect in it's methods and practices, would you bet your money?

thoughtforfood said:
Ok, the lab that does the tests is perfect in it's methods and practices, would you bet your money?

You see, that's counterfactual and that's part of the problem with this French lab. It has lost credibility, in part due to LA's assistance to expose its highly questionable practices (as documented in the independent arbitration panel's report).

musette said:
You see, that's counterfactual and that's part of the problem with this French lab. It has lost credibility, in part due to LA's assistance to expose its highly questionable practices (as documented in the independent arbitration panel's report).
I am not speaking of factual, purely hypothetical, would you bet your money?

musette said:
BTW, I agree that the French lab is frought with credibility problems, I wouldn't let them test my urine, but that is beside the point. There are other credible labs.

musette said:

if that were really, truly the case do you think that lab would still be in operation? cmon, get past the propaganda and use a little bit of common sense, musette. :rolleyes:

saluki said:
Talk about pulling stuff out of your butt!

Yeah, I love how it took less than 20 posts for a Mayo EPO positive to degrade into another LA / DISCO diarrhea spew. Maybe Mayo was just never that good. His results certainly support that.

Bro Deal said:
The most we have is some aussies looking for any rationalization they can find as to why Evans is clean.
Errrr....we have had some recent info. We are officially jumping off that particular ship. :(

saluki said:
Talk about pulling stuff out of your butt!
Stop it saluki. We are taking a wholistic approach to these discussions which includes Cadel and most certainly includes Contador and in particular includes UCI.

I am all for a clean Contador he just needs to pony up some DNA, have it cross referenced with Puerto bags and we are flying.

But the heart of where we are at is dealing with the UCI and ASO. First is a stake through the heart of the UCI and then in time with the help of the French Govt the removal of ASO and a fresh (powerless) event management structure for those events??

The professional elements of this sport need to move fluidly through one body IMO. What sort of model might work?

existence said:
I am all for a clean Contador he just needs to pony up some DNA, have it cross referenced with Puerto bags and we are flying.
Sounds good to me, as long as we get every other rider in the peloton to pony up on their DNA as well.

Klodifan said:
if that were really, truly the case do you think that lab would still be in operation?
But it is truly the case that LNDD breaks the rules. That we know that they tested Armstrong's B samples from 1999 and claim to have found EPO in 6 of them is proof of that.

They're allowed to experiment on old samples to refine their tests, but the identities of the riders are supposed to remain anonymous under those circumstances, not have their samples' code numbers matched to their names and the results leaked to L'Equipe.

LNDD breaks the rules, sometimes deliberately, sometimes out of incompetence or ignorance of the rules (as eludicated in the independent arbitration panel's report relating to LA). :mad:

hgb said:
But it is truly the case that LNDD breaks the rules. That we know that they tested Armstrong's B samples from 1999 and claim to have found EPO in 6 of them is proof of that.

They're allowed to experiment on old samples to refine their tests, but the identities of the riders are supposed to remain anonymous under those circumstances, not have their samples' code numbers matched to their names and the results leaked to L'Equipe.
We already went over that in a recent thread. The lab had no idea who the samples belonged to. Only the UCI has the code keys. The lab broke no rules by testing the 1998 and 1999 samples.

The lab made no claim that they found EPO in six of Armstrong's samples. They simply found EPO in 12 samples in 1999 and 40 samples in 1998. They have no idea who the samples belong to. Fortunately, Armstrong allowed the UCI to release his doping form and the link was made, proving that he was a doper.

musette said:
LNDD breaks the rules, sometimes deliberately, sometimes out of incompetence or ignorance of the rules (as eludicated in the independent arbitration panel's report relating to LA). :mad:
When the LNDD finds something, they are shoddy. When they don't find anything then Armstrong claims his clean tests prove he was clean. You cannot have it both ways. :p

Hoort u dat? Dat mijn schedel! Ik word zo verspild!

Hören Sie das? Der ist mein Schädel! Ich bin also vergeudet!

¿Usted oye eso? ¡Ése es mi cráneo! ¡Soy así que perdido!

Entendez-vous cela ? C'est mon crâne ! Je suis ainsi gaspillé !

Sentite quello? Quello è il mio cranio! Sono in modo da sprecato!

Вы слышите то? То будет моим черепом! Я поэтому после того как я расточительствован!

Lave jer høre at? Det var det mig kranium! Jeg er altså flad!

Vil du høre det? Ja nettopp meg skull! Jeg er så herjet!

Vill du höra så pass? Den där er min skalle! Jag er så slösat!

Czy słyszeć ów? To jest mój czaszka! Jestem tak marnował!

If you had half as much fun figuring out the original reference, then surely I had twice as much fun playing with the online translation engines!

:D

Tim Lamkin said:
This is sad, there will be more to come.....
Not sad, but right and sweeping act...

next head to roll is Alpuerto Contapuerto...I hope it'll happen so all Spanish hidden names (as Valverde) and other big fishes (Discovery or former USPostal) will emerge.