Mayo tested positive for EPO

On Aug 1, 1:57 pm, "verb" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Donga" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > On Jul 31, 4:56 pm, "verb" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> "Donga" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >>news:[email protected]...

> >> no donga (yes you are a donga, arent you:-D )

> >> im not an emo . i have nothing to do with that subkulcha (note rappa
> >> spelling)

> >> what does black kit mean? i wear black knicks, that's it.

> > No stabitty stab stab?

> wtf does that mean?? so i made fun of your name (plus a smile meaning i
> was just ribbing you, not being nasty. im not a vindictive person)
> when you call yourself a slang name for a penis what do you expect?
>
> > What's with the hanging out on suicide news
> > groups then?

> what's that got to do with anything?
>
> anyway im getting a lot of hate here.

Do you think so? That's possibly a case of misunderstanding. For the
record, I did not call you an idiot (although you chose to interpret
it that way, it would seem). I made the point that it's important to
differentiate between opinion and fact, and that stating one as the
other will result in many people reading your writing thinking you're
an idiot. You could be a brain surgeon with a PhD in astrophysics
you did in your spare time, for all any of us know (although one would
hope that brain surgeons were a little more literate, but we all have
off days ...).

> i guess it's because of what i said about the peleton being dopers.

You made a broad sweeping claim that sounded like you stating a fact,
when it was an opinion.

> lance said in his final victory speech something about the cynics, the
> unbelievers etc.
>
> this year i became an unbeliever.

That's perfectly fine for you to do so and even to state accordingly,
but again, make it clear that it's opinion. You don't know that
everyone racing as a pro is cheating, do you? I know, personally, a
couple of ex pros, and yes, they know there's doping going on, but
they're not all dopers. That is as close to a fact as I can convey.
I trust my friends to tell me the truth.

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 23:26:14 -0000, petulance wrote:

> On Jul 31, 8:46 am, Bleve <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Another Spaniard gone (cyclingnews.com) ... More rumours floating
>> around about Contador and Puerto too. Only rumours at this time.

> what a waste of EPO. I hope Mayo kept his receipt for that batch,
> because apart from his attack on the second stage in the Alps, he sure
> as heck did sweet FA this Tour.

Presumably he was worried about getting eliminated without it.

> Hmmm, he got busted on the rest day before the final Pyreneean stage.
> That was the stage where did no work in the breakaway and sat on
> Sastre's wheel all the time.
>
> As for Contador, his name was on the original Op Puerto list from last
> year. And didn't he cut a deal with the "authorities" to dob other
> riders in?

That was alleged but has been denied.

Contador was on the list but he claims that he was on it mistakenly just
because he was a Spanish rider and was on ONCE at the time, that he
explained to the UCI, got it all sorted and was taken of the list of
suspect riders.

Franke claimed he had statements from Pueto including a list of substances
"A.C." was supplied with he, however, has been unable to present any
evidence to back it up as he gave then to the German police.

It would be good if the UCI and authorities came clean about what is really
going on but transparency hasn't exactly been a feature their actions. With
its stake in the Pro Tour the UCI seems to have a serious conflict of
interest with the major tours and fears of legal action and bad PR for the
Pro Tour have clouded their judgement.

dewatf.