Mayor Wants Nude Cycle Race Called Off

Too funny! I've never ridden nude, but I'd guess the rubbing of the seat against the skin has to cause some irritation. I doubt if they go fast enough to get hurt seriously.

HenryLaRoy said:
A nude bike race? I would think "the boys" would have a problem with that! :eek:
It may not be as much of a problem as we think, since they'll be watching the girls.

poweredbysweat said:
It may not be as much of a problem as we think, since they'll be watching the girls.

Haha. Mental image invoke by that comment is hilarious.

I'd have to agree with him. Kind of disgusting to even think about. They could go ride on the nude beach. Nudists to me are the creepiest people. If they ride on a bike like that they will be hurting themselves man or woman. It's not going to work.

Right, it worked so poorly that they've had 9 more every year since that one.

Just for my own curiosity, are you planning on digging up every old thread that has ever been posted in the history of CF? Or did you seach for "nude cycle race" just to see if anyone ever mentioned one, so you could tell us how disgusting it was to even think about it? Sounds like you gave it enough thought to find it with a search. B)

mpre53 said:

Just for my own curiosity, are you planning on digging up every old thread that has ever been posted in the history of CF? Or did you seach for "nude cycle race" just to see if anyone ever mentioned one, so you could tell us how disgusting it was to even think about it? Sounds like you gave it enough thought to find it with a search. B)
Yeouch!

Has anyone else noticed there's a lot more nudey cycling events going on in the past few years? And would you ever do one, even if it was for charity and not some drunken dare made by your friends?

As enticing as it sounds, I would never do one. Just thinking of failing at some sort of speed with no protection (oo-err!) puts me right off.

Susimi said:
Yeouch!

Has anyone else noticed there's a lot more nudey cycling events going on in the past few years? And would you ever do one, even if it was for charity and not some drunken dare made by your friends?

As enticing as it sounds, I would never do one. Just thinking of failing at some sort of speed with no protection (oo-err!) puts me right off.
There is no protection offered by the millimeter or two of nylon in typical cycling shorts and jerseys. No more than bare skin offers. The only two things that have any worthwhile protection are gloves and a helmet. Lots of nude bike ride people wear both articles. ;)

I can't cycle for more than 5 minutes without padded shorts...Can't even imagine cycling naked...

mpre53 said:

Some trolls I just don't get... Troll? Psycho? Both?

There's probably a thread about these "new carbon fiber made bikes" somewhere. :D

I bet it would start with something like: "I have heard of them, but opinions are still mixed."

Then the other troll, the one with the collectiveness disorder would go like "WE should be careful what bikes #WE ride because it has a great impact to how OUR tentacles flop around when WE ride in OUR rides."

Then another goody goody pod people would reply to the post regardless of the fact that it's dug up from the Maya server from 20AD with a mild tone...

They're here already!!! :D

mpre53 said:
There is no protection offered by the millimeter or two of nylon in typical cycling shorts and jerseys. No more than bare skin offers. The only two things that have any worthwhile protection are gloves and a helmet. Lots of nude bike ride people wear both articles. ;)
Even with the dedicated cycling wear you have something that's between you and the surface even if it offers no protection, that how I see it but then I think it's a better peace of mind thing. I'd rather have something than nothing at all.

Susimi said:
Even with the dedicated cycling wear you have something that's between you and the surface even if it offers no protection, that how I see it but then I think it's a better peace of mind thing. I'd rather have something than nothing at all.
From the video clips of these things that I've seen, they don't ride fast enough to really hurt much anyway. :lol:

mpre53 said:
From the video clips of these things that I've seen, they don't ride fast enough to really hurt much anyway. :lol:
Ahh so you admit you've been looking for them then? ;)

I never thought about how fast they go to be honest, they do go pretty slow from what footage on the news I've seen of them. I still just cannot get my head around it though, why would you want to ride a bike in the nude?

They do it to rise awareness among drivers. One popular thing that they like to have painted on their backs is "Can you see me now?" They also do it to advocate for greater cycling infrastructure in cities, and the left-leaning among them do it to protest carbon emissions. And some do it because they're just exhibitionists.

Uawadall said:
I can't cycle for more than 5 minutes without padded shorts...Can't even imagine cycling naked...
Yeah, would not be the most comfortable ride by any means haha. The breeze would also be quite unnerving.