heritage influencing my thoughts? :)

Graeme

[1] or pizzas, or Mars bars, or haggis, or pies, or ...

On 2006-08-11, Graeme Dods (aka Bruce)

> The article states -
>
> Brendan Bell, of the Sierra Club, said putting Hummers in Happy Meals
> is about as responsible as "dipping a Big Mac in the fry oil and
> serving it to your kids".
>
> What's wrong with deep fried hamburgers[1]? Or is that just my Scottish
> heritage influencing my thoughts? :)
>
> Graeme
>
> [1] or pizzas, or Mars bars...

I must have Scottish heritage then.

> ..., or haggis, or pies, or ...

Dammit. Or not.

--
TimC
MacOSX: Sort of like a pedigree persian cat. Very sleek, very

treadly&me said:

Oh dear. There was THAT photo of a English gent wearing a suspender belt (and his Landrover's exhaust pipe) that did the rounds of the internerd a few years back.

No doubt several of you witnessed it, and no, I won't link it here on the grounds of moral decency. :eek:

TimC wrote:

> > [1] or pizzas, or Mars bars...

> I must have Scottish heritage then.
>
> > ..., or haggis, or pies, or ...

> Dammit. Or not.

You can't get decent haggis over here (I've tried), so either deep
fried (emergencies only) or steamed (as it should be) it tastes better
back home. Australian pies taste great but are too wimpy to handle
being deep fried, you need something that starts off like concrete
wrapped in cardboard and ends up tasting like heaven! :)

Graeme

On 2006-08-11, Graeme Dods <[email protected]> wrote:
> TimC wrote:
>
>> > [1] or pizzas, or Mars bars...

>> I must have Scottish heritage then.
>>
>> > ..., or haggis, or pies, or ...

>> Dammit. Or not.

> You can't get decent haggis over here (I've tried), so either deep
> fried (emergencies only) or steamed (as it should be) it tastes better
> back home. Australian pies taste great but are too wimpy to handle
> being deep fried, you need something that starts off like concrete
> wrapped in cardboard and ends up tasting like heaven! :)
>
> Graeme

My Ex used to make her own, the only problem she had was getting hold of
good quality lung.

:)

Joel