McDonalds Diets

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by shellyb, Aug 16, 2005.

1. shellyb

shellyb New Member

Kevin O'Connor in Phoenix Arizona claims he lost 46 pounds eating McDonalds and walking in the Susan Komen walk. When you go thru the site day by day he talks about eating just about everything on the menu. This cannot be possible. The big breakfast alone is over 1100 calories. Has anyone worked out as much as he and lost while eating all this junk food?

I know there is another women who claims a 36 pound loss but she doesnt add exercise to her interviews. The only thing I can see is that she ate salads and starved herself. At least the other guy had more variety and "lived an active lifestyle".

The thing is that to walk as much as he claims in Phoenix in the summer seems impossible. Anyone from there hear about him?

http://www.mymcdiet.com
    http://www.mybudweiserdiet.com

The Budweiser diet site seems to prove he is a hoax. Or a fool.

Shelly B.

Tags:

2. napcop

napcop New Member

watch the movie "SUPESIZE ME"
    you'll never want to eat (or let your kids eat) McD's again.

3. artmichalek

artmichalek New Member

I didn't eat at McDonald's before I saw that. Now I have trouble even walking by one.

4. DocK

DocK New Member

Let's take it as fact that he lost the weight just for arguments sake, it doesn't mean that his McD's diet didn't damage his cardiovascular system, liver, kidneys, etc. People really are foolish.

5. cadence230

cadence230 New Member

Calories in minus calories out?
    Have you really never ate at a McDonald's? Wow. How do you manage that? Good upbrining I suppose? I love Burlington! My sister went to law school over in Royalton and I was able to visit her and we took trips to Burlington.

6. rule62

rule62 New Member

Not interested if he did make a McDiet work. What swill.

7. artmichalek

artmichalek New Member

Blame the pharmaceutical industry. They've spent so much advertising drugs to lower cholesterol that it seems most people have stopped worrying about it.

I have eaten at McDonald's, but not in the last five years or so.

8. RickF

RickF New Member

It is all about balance. In Supersize Me, the fool not only ate everything, regardless of whether he was hungry and always took the "upgrade" whenever it was offered, but he also cut out all physical activity.

Good, hard physical activity goes a long way to compensate for whatever we eat. When my daughters were swimming 7000+ yards per day, they could not eat enough to maintain their body weight. One Olympic gold medalist swimmer that I had the occaision to meet suggested that the Big Mac was the perfect balance of carbohydrate, protein, and fat for her training meal. I doubt that she ate exclusively at McDonalds, but she ate a lot, was not overweight, and was very fast in the pool. Cycling should not be that much different from swimming.

If he did not gain weight, it is unlikely that he did any damage. In a study presented at the American Heart Association meeting two years ago, it was shown that people who were on the Atkins Diet (which is all fat and protein) lost more weight and had better lipid profiles (lower LDL cholesterol, lower triglycerides, and higher HDL cholesterol) than those who were on the AHA Step One diet (which was a very low fat, low calorie diet that has since been droped by the AHA because it does not work).

9. acrscotland

acrscotland New Member

Since I was very young my parents brought me up with a balanced diet - nothing was 'banned' but some things were limited ie. treats so I never ate fast food unless we were out in the city (which was rare). It's still the way I do things now - nothing 'banned' but limit certain things. In truth, I think that people look at all these diets as an excuse to let themselves get overweight and blame the food or the exercise, or whatever. As you get older it really takes a lot more effort to stick to a routine around work etc. When you're younger you have school, clubs etc to keep you in shape. You have to work harder as you get older, sure, but there's no reason why you can't eat well and enjoy food but at the same time don't go overboard. I don't think cutting stuff out is the answer but being responsible and respecting yourself is.

Eat right, exercise and don't abuse any one thing - most anything is bad for you in excess. That's not to say it's easy to be moderate sometimes!! ;)

10. MTB WVA

MTB WVA New Member

I really do not think that eating Mc Donalds should ever be appropriate. The guy in Supersize Me grew up where I live and went to the same highschool as me, and I do know him personally. He admits that it was a little extreme, but he was just trying to prove that it is not good for you. He did hardly any excercise, because the averege american gets NO form of excercise what so ever (other than maybe walking some). I don't see how anyone could lose weight eating that garbage I can't even eat a whole meal from there.

11. JTE83

JTE83 Member

I love eating at McDonalds - even after seeing the Super Size Me movie. It's Burger King that's really bad. Burger King really sells oversized meals compared to MD. Like I rarely eat at B.K. because their meals are too big and they charge more.

12. astroluc

astroluc New Member

you and me both...

13. BimmsAndBices

BimmsAndBices New Member

Here's how that kind of thing works:
    McDonalds commercial guy: "Hey! Wanna make 20 bucks?"
    Physically fit man: "Sure."
    McDonalds commercial guy: "OK, look into the camera and say: 'I am fit because I eat McDonalds every day. McDonalds is good. You should eat at McDonalds and be sexy like me. Yay for McDonalds"
    Physically fit man: "I am fit because I eat McDonalds every day. McDonalds is good. You should eat at McDonalds and be sexy like me. Yay for McDonalds"
    McDonalds commercial guy: "Here's 20 bucks."
    Physically fit man: "Cool, thanks." under his breath: "I am such a whore."

It's BS. Grease peddlers say "It's healthy!" and desperate fat people flock to them in hopes of losing a pound or two. Sad.

14. SATX Devil

SATX Devil New Member

McDonalds is from the devil

I always laugh when the big fat lady in line orders a loaded quarter pounder, fries and a diet coke

15. mattjf

mattjf New Member

When I was fat (i'm not anymore, one reason is I stopped eating fast food) I used to order a diet coke just because I thought it tasted better than a coke sometimes.

But I agree, it's pretty crazy when they order the diet coke because they don't want all that sugar.

-Matt

16. Induray

Induray New Member

You've got to be s....ing me! Do you work for McD? What is that "perfect balance"? animal fat? sodium nitrates? and more toxic crap than a superfund site? Did you really sucker up to tha gold medallist's recommendation? I also know of an excellent young cyclist that is a smoker. He's fast.....for now. He says "smoking does not affect my performance or my health"..You get the picture. It might not affect her now, but you might be setting her up in the future with health problems!

17. Induray

Induray New Member

Besides, what is this infatuation with McD? There are so many wonderful foods out there that are better for you. Ethnic foods ...mediterranean, caribbean, european, even southern and country style American cooking. You can give me anytime a plate of Jerk Pork or ackee and saltfish or pot roast, rotti , a soursop milkshake(mmmmm), arroz con habichuelas y gandinga, or mofongo, or calamari salad, or hummus and phalafel over a McD burger(Yuck!). So many flavors so little time! Why waste it with a McD crap!