McDonalds

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Callistus Valer, Mar 4, 2003.

  1. I've developed quite a waist line courtesy of McDonalds. On my club rides I do fine in the flat, but
    get dropped like a rock once the road starts pointing upwards. I have written a letter to McDonalds,
    describing the pain and suffering I have endured on these rides, and am asking for how they plan to
    rectify the damage they have caused me. I have yet to receive a reply.

    Tags:

  2. Gary German

    Gary German Guest

    > I've developed quite a waist line courtesy of McDonalds. On my club rides I do fine in the
    > flat, but get dropped like a rock once the road starts pointing upwards. I have written a
    > letter to McDonalds, describing the pain and suffering I have endured on these rides, and am
    > asking for
    how
    > they plan to rectify the damage they have caused me. I have yet to
    receive
    > a reply.

    Demand a better bike from them. Tell them that your lawyer demands a Colnago C-40 or Trek 5900 in
    order to restore your former climbing prowess and self-esteem.

    If you have any luck with this...let me know. I've probably got similar grounds for a suit against
    Mother's Cookies Co.

    Gary G.

  3. rod

    rod Guest

    "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I've developed quite a waist line courtesy of McDonalds. On my club rides I do fine in the
    > flat, but get dropped like a rock once the road starts pointing upwards. I have written a
    > letter to McDonalds, describing the pain and suffering I have endured on these rides, and am
    > asking for how they plan to rectify the damage they have caused me. I have yet to receive a
    > reply.

    Mc Donalds have not caused you any damage, you have done that all by yourself. Take responsibility
    for your own actions.I bet thay didn't break your arms forcing you into their establishments to eat.
    I have a weight problem and it is my fault. I am riding harder now than ever before as I want to get
    down to a certain weight before our cycling year over here finishes. Deal with your own problems and
    stop trying toi blame others for your over indulgances.

  4. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3e654d38

    > Mc Donalds have not caused you any damage, you have done that all by
    yourself.
    > Take responsibility for your own actions.I bet thay didn't break your arms
    forcing you into their establishments to eat.
    > I have a weight problem and it is my fault. I am riding harder now than
    ever before as I want to get down to a certain weight before our cycling year over here finishes.
    > Deal with your own problems and stop trying toi blame others for your over
    indulgances.

    It must suck to be fat and dumb.

  5. In article <[email protected]>, "Gary German" <[email protected]_NOSPAMX_.net> wrote:

    > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I've developed quite a waist line courtesy of McDonalds. On my club rides I do fine in the
    > > flat, but get dropped like a rock once the road starts pointing upwards. I have written a
    > > letter to McDonalds, describing the pain and suffering I have endured on these rides, and am
    > > asking for
    > how
    > > they plan to rectify the damage they have caused me. I have yet to
    > receive
    > > a reply.
    > >

    > Demand a better bike from them. Tell them that your lawyer demands a Colnago C-40 or Trek 5900 in
    > order to restore your former climbing prowess and self-esteem.
    >
    > If you have any luck with this...let me know. I've probably got similar grounds for a suit against
    > Mother's Cookies Co.

    Let me know how this goes. I'm thinking of suing my wife for being such a good cook. I figure she's
    good for a bicycle.

    Okay, I've actually lost weight since I got married, but no thanks to her!

    And yeah, she did let me buy a Pinarello, so....

  6. Wade Summers

    Wade Summers Guest

    [email protected] wrote in message <[email protected]>...

    >"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Mc Donalds have not caused you any damage, you have done that all by
    yourself.
    >Take responsibility for your own actions.I bet thay didn't break your arms
    forcing you into their establishments to eat.
    >I have a weight problem and it is my fault. I am riding harder now than
    ever before as I want to get down to a certain weight before our cycling year over here finishes.
    >Deal with your own problems and stop trying toi blame others for your over
    indulgances.

    Hook, line and sinker...

    Wade

  7. [email protected] wrote:

    > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> I've developed quite a waist line courtesy of McDonalds. On my club rides I do fine in the
    >> flat, but get dropped like a rock once the road
    > Mc Donalds have not caused you any damage, you have done that all by yourself. Take
    > responsibility for your own actions.I bet thay didn't break your arms forcing you into their
    > establishments to eat.

    Wow... Someone took the message seriously. It was funny until now.

    Didier

    --
    Didier A Depireux [email protected] [email protected] 685 W.Baltimore Str
    http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm Anatomy and Neurobiology Phone: 410-706-1272 (off)

  8. "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've developed quite a waist line courtesy of McDonalds. On my club rides I do fine in the flat,
    > but get dropped like a rock once the road starts pointing upwards. I have written a letter to
    > McDonalds, describing the pain and suffering I have endured on these rides, and am asking for how
    > they plan to rectify the damage they have caused me. I have yet to receive a reply.

    DLT

  9. Rathay

    Rathay Guest

    Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, "Gary German" <[email protected]_NOSPAMX_.net> wrote:
    >
    > > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I've developed quite a waist line courtesy of McDonalds. On my
    club
    > > > rides I do fine in the flat, but get dropped like a rock once the road starts pointing
    > > > upwards. I have written a letter to McDonalds,
    describing
    > > > the pain and suffering I have endured on these rides, and am asking
    for
    > > how
    > > > they plan to rectify the damage they have caused me. I have yet to
    > > receive
    > > > a reply.
    > > >

    > > Demand a better bike from them. Tell them that your lawyer demands a Colnago C-40 or Trek 5900
    > > in order to restore your former climbing
    prowess
    > > and self-esteem.
    > >
    > > If you have any luck with this...let me know. I've probably got similar grounds for a suit
    > > against Mother's Cookies Co.
    >
    > Let me know how this goes. I'm thinking of suing my wife for being such a good cook. I figure
    > she's good for a bicycle.
    >
    > Okay, I've actually lost weight since I got married, but no thanks to her!
    >
    > And yeah, she did let me buy a Pinarello, so....
    >
    > --
    > Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

    My wife was such a nag she drove me to cycling. It's due to her that I'm doing so well!

  10. Gary German

    Gary German Guest

    "rathay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    [snip]

    > My wife was such a nag she drove me to cycling. It's due to her that I'm doing so well!

    In my case, it was my now ex-wife.

    I'd send her a thank-you card, but the twice monthly checks will have to suffice for now.

    Gary G.

  11. Tom Senk

    Tom Senk Guest

    Lighten up, Francis