McQuaid attacks Bettinin for not signing anti-doping commitment

Gregers said:
This is scarcely original, but the basic premise remains the same-if I was being accused of something serious that I had not done, I would do just about anything to prove that I had not done it. The very last thing that I would do is shrug my shoulders and say that I don't have to prove anything, or some old bollocks like that.
Anybody who refuses to undertake a very simple measure to prove their innocence is not being principled, they are demonstrating pretty conclusively that they are guilty.

Incidentally, Lim, did you notice what England did this afternoon against those powder-puff Aussies?:D :D
+1. I agree wholeheartedly that the riders have "made their bed and now must lie in it". With the climate they are in, they must PROVE their innocence if they want to win back the faith of the everyday fan, but more importantly the big dollar sponsors of races and pro teams.

If Pereiro leaves, I say "so what". There are a multitude of professional caliber clean racers out there that would love to take his place. He can take his pride and his TdF victory with him - I'll show him the door!

Personally, I'd rather see hungry clean riders than the current crop of doped highly paid superstar cyclists. It is really time to "clean house" IMO and get rid of the old guard who protect and protected cheats.