Meat loaf in Foreman roaster?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ferrante, Mar 13, 2004.

  1. Ferrante

    Ferrante Guest

    Recently I purchased a George Foreman Compact Roasting machine and I'm
    wondering if a meat loaf could be cooked in one. The store I went to
    has the meat loafs all ready made up, and all you have to do is put it
    in the oven for 90 minutes or so. Here is a URL to the type of machine
    I have. Once you look at it, let me know if you think it will do the
    job or if I should just bake it. I will say this: it makes the best
    roasted chicken! Go here:

    http://www.shopdirect.com/George%20Foreman/GV5.html?PHPSESS-
    ID=567298751bfd7369b53aa3241d663df2

    Also, it comes with a baking pan to cook things like cakes
    in it, so maybe it will work. I, however, will rely on your
    experienced opinions.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Mark Ferrante Bachelor cook (and still trying to learn!)

    Tags:

  2. Limey

    Limey Guest

    "FERRANTE" wrote in message

    > Recently I purchased a George Foreman Compact Roasting
    > machine and I'm wondering if a meat loaf could be
    > cooked in one.
    >
    > Mark Ferrante Bachelor cook (and still trying to learn!)

    I don't own the roaster, but I would think that baking a
    meatloaf in it would work fine. Also, does a recipe book
    come with the unit? That might give you a clue as to types
    of foods to roast. Take a chance and test it - then let us
    know if you liked it. Good luck!

    Dora

  3. Nancree

    Nancree Guest

    >Recently I purchased a George Foreman Compact Roasting
    >machine and I'm
    >> wondering if a meat loaf could be cooked in one.

    ------------------------------
    Is it a rotisserie? And if so, how do you keep it from
    falling off? Some sort of basket press that holds it
    together? Nancree

  4. Ferrante

    Ferrante Guest

    On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 14:58:43 -0500, "limey" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"FERRANTE" wrote in message
    >
    >> Recently I purchased a George Foreman Compact Roasting
    >> machine and I'm wondering if a meat loaf could be cooked
    >> in one.
    >>
    >> Mark Ferrante Bachelor cook (and still trying to learn!)
    >
    >I don't own the roaster, but I would think that baking a
    >meatloaf in it would work fine. Also, does a recipe book
    >come with the unit? That might give you a clue as to types
    >of foods to roast. Take a chance and test it - then let us
    >know if you liked it. Good luck!
    >
    >Dora

    Dora, I went ahead and tried it and it turned out
    wonderfully! I really like this GF Roaster. Yes, it does
    come with a recipe book, but it is not that good. Also, I
    finally bought a food thermometer and when I put it in the
    meat load, near the end of the cooking time, it said 190
    degrees, so I knew it was cooking well.

    Mark

  5. Ferrante

    Ferrante Guest

    On 14 Mar 2004 01:32:41 GMT, [email protected] (Nancree) wrote:

    >>Recently I purchased a George Foreman Compact Roasting
    >>machine and I'm
    >>> wondering if a meat loaf could be cooked in one.
    >
    >------------------------------
    >Is it a rotisserie? And if so, how do you keep it from
    >falling off? Some sort of basket press that holds it
    >together? Nancree

    No, it is not a rotisserie. Check out the link in my initial
    post and you can see what it looks like.

    Mark

  6. Limey

    Limey Guest

    "FERRANTE" wrote in message ,

    "limey" wrote:

    > >"FERRANTE" wrote in message
    > >
    > >> Recently I purchased a George Foreman Compact Roasting
    > >> machine and I'm wondering if a meat loaf could be
    > >> cooked in one.
    > >>
    > >> Mark Ferrante Bachelor cook (and still trying to
    > >> learn!)
    > >
    > >I don't own the roaster, but I would think that baking a
    > >meatloaf in it would work fine. Also, does a recipe book
    > >come with the unit? That
    might
    > >give you a clue as to types of foods to roast. Take a
    > >chance and test
    it -
    > >then let us know if you liked it. Good luck!
    > >
    > >Dora
    > >
    > Dora, I went ahead and tried it and it turned out
    > wonderfully! I really like this GF Roaster. Yes, it does
    > come with a recipe book, but it is not that good. Also, I
    > finally bought a food thermometer and when I put it in the
    > meat load, near the end of the cooking time, it said 190
    > degrees, so I knew it was cooking well.
    >
    > Mark

    Great, Mark - I'm glad it turned out well. Yes, I have a
    large George Foreman grill and the included recipe book is
    lousy. I suppose you're supposed to spend more and buy the
    GF recipe book! I'm puzzled, though - 190 degrees sounds
    awfully high - was the meatloaf dry? Try 160 the next time.

    Dora

  7. Ferrante

    Ferrante Guest

    On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 08:41:23 -0500, "limey" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"FERRANTE" wrote in message ,

    >> >I don't own the roaster, but I would think that baking a
    >> >meatloaf in it would work fine. Also, does a recipe book
    >> >come with the unit? That
    >might
    >> >give you a clue as to types of foods to roast. Take a
    >> >chance and test
    >it -
    >> >then let us know if you liked it. Good luck!
    >> >
    >> >Dora
    >> >
    >> Dora, I went ahead and tried it and it turned out
    >> wonderfully! I really like this GF Roaster. Yes, it does
    >> come with a recipe book, but it is not that good. Also, I
    >> finally bought a food thermometer and when I put it in
    >> the meat load, near the end of the cooking time, it said
    >> 190 degrees, so I knew it was cooking well.
    >>
    >> Mark
    >
    >Great, Mark - I'm glad it turned out well. Yes, I have a
    >large George Foreman grill and the included recipe book is
    >lousy. I suppose you're supposed to spend more and buy the
    >GF recipe book! I'm puzzled, though - 190 degrees sounds
    >awfully high - was the meatloaf dry? Try 160 the next time.
    >
    >Dora

    I looked at the thermometer and it actually was at the 180
    degree mark. I thought, without my glasses, it said 190.
    Also, it was not dry. Quite tasty and thank God for that!

    Mark