Meat pie question

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mad Dan, Jan 31, 2005.

  1. Mad Dan

    Mad Dan Guest

    How long do meat pies/pasties keep after baking? (Unfrozen)
    Thanks folks

    Tags:

  2. archergirl

    archergirl Guest

    I would think only a few days - you wouldn't want to leave meat too
    long. Also, doesn't the pastry get soggy??
    Jane
    www.embracingwomenshealth.com

  3. Mad Dan

    Mad Dan Guest

    Ang and Bruce wrote:
    > [email protected] says...
    > > How long do meat pies/pasties keep after baking? (Unfrozen)
    > > Thanks folks

    > You know, I have read this type of question quite a bit here the

    last
    > few days.
    >
    > I don't keep anything longer than 2 - 3 days MAX, whatever it is.

    Some
    > people say this is a waste, bit hey - it's my waste, right? I don't

    risk
    > me or the kids getting sick for anything that I can choose to

    prevent.

    > So I'd say 2 days, the I'd give it to the Rotties.

    Thank you all. Looks like we'll be pigging out on pies tonight in our
    house!

    (Something I view with a mixture of delight (tastewise) and dread
    (waistwise))

  4. archergirl

    archergirl Guest