Meat prices - update.

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Steve Calvin, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Well, I picked up the hind quarter of beef that I ordered today. I'd been quoted $3.00/lb.

    When I picked it up Anthony said that it was $2.79/lb, custom cut, custom wrapped, vacuum sealed and
    quick frozen. Pleasant surprise for a change.

    --
    Steve

  2. Dan Goodman

    Dan Goodman Guest

    Steve Calvin <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Well, I picked up the hind quarter of beef that I ordered today. I'd been quoted $3.00/lb.
    >
    > When I picked it up Anthony said that it was $2.79/lb, custom cut, custom wrapped, vacuum sealed
    > and quick frozen. Pleasant surprise for a change.

    What area do you buy your meat in?

    --
    Dan Goodman Journal http://dsgood.blogspot.com or http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/ Whatever
    you wish for me, may you have twice as much.

  3. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Dan Goodman wrote:

    > Steve Calvin <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >

    >>Well, I picked up the hind quarter of beef that I ordered today. I'd been quoted $3.00/lb.
    >>
    >>When I picked it up Anthony said that it was $2.79/lb, custom cut, custom wrapped, vacuum sealed
    >>and quick frozen. Pleasant surprise for a change.
    >>

    > What area do you buy your meat in?

    Hopewell Junction, New York. A place called Frankies. Been there for 30 years that I know of.
    Good stuff.

    --
    Steve

  4. Dan Goodman

    Dan Goodman Guest

    Steve Calvin <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Dan Goodman wrote:
    >
    >> Steve Calvin <[email protected]> wrote in
    >>
    >>>Well, I picked up the hind quarter of beef that I ordered today. I'd been quoted $3.00/lb.
    >>>
    >>>When I picked it up Anthony said that it was $2.79/lb, custom cut, custom wrapped, vacuum sealed
    >>>and quick frozen. Pleasant surprise for a change.
    >>>

    >> What area do you buy your meat in?
    >>

    > Hopewell Junction, New York. A place called Frankies. Been there for 30 years that I know of.
    > Good stuff.

    Thanks. Fairly near where I grew up (Ulster County, between Accord and Kerhonkson), but Foreign
    Territory. Then again, probably so is where I grew up by now.