Meat prices - update.

Steve Calvin

Guest
Well, I picked up the hind quarter of beef that I ordered today. I'd been quoted $3.00/lb.

When I picked it up Anthony said that it was $2.79/lb, custom cut, custom wrapped, vacuum sealed and
quick frozen. Pleasant surprise for a change.

--
Steve

Steve Calvin <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Well, I picked up the hind quarter of beef that I ordered today. I'd been quoted $3.00/lb.
>
> When I picked it up Anthony said that it was $2.79/lb, custom cut, custom wrapped, vacuum sealed
> and quick frozen. Pleasant surprise for a change.

What area do you buy your meat in?

--
Dan Goodman Journal http://dsgood.blogspot.com or http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/ Whatever
you wish for me, may you have twice as much.

Dan Goodman wrote:

> Steve Calvin <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>

>>Well, I picked up the hind quarter of beef that I ordered today. I'd been quoted $3.00/lb.
>>
>>When I picked it up Anthony said that it was $2.79/lb, custom cut, custom wrapped, vacuum sealed
>>and quick frozen. Pleasant surprise for a change.
>>

> What area do you buy your meat in?

Hopewell Junction, New York. A place called Frankies. Been there for 30 years that I know of.
Good stuff.

--
Steve

Steve Calvin <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Dan Goodman wrote:
>
>> Steve Calvin <[email protected]> wrote in
>>
>>>Well, I picked up the hind quarter of beef that I ordered today. I'd been quoted $3.00/lb.
>>>
>>>When I picked it up Anthony said that it was $2.79/lb, custom cut, custom wrapped, vacuum sealed
>>>and quick frozen. Pleasant surprise for a change.
>>>

>> What area do you buy your meat in?
>>

> Hopewell Junction, New York. A place called Frankies. Been there for 30 years that I know of.
> Good stuff.

Thanks. Fairly near where I grew up (Ulster County, between Accord and Kerhonkson), but Foreign
Territory. Then again, probably so is where I grew up by now.