Mech Hangers

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mark \, May 14, 2003.

  1. Mark \

    Mark \ Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm doing some work on my old spare bike which I use for campus runs etc. I want to get a new rear
    mech but the frame doesn't have a drop-out, the current mech is an old Shimano SIS one with a claw
    bracket. Is it possible to get a claw drop out adaptor so I can use a proper group set mech on it? I
    don't really want to replace it with another low-end one. Cheers

    Mark

    Tags:

  2. Mark \

    Mark \ Guest

    "Mark (UK)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm doing some work on my old spare bike which I use for campus runs etc.
    > want to get a new rear mech but the frame doesn't have a drop-out, the current mech is an old
    > Shimano SIS one with a claw bracket. Is it possible to get a claw drop out adaptor so I can use a
    > proper group set mech on it?
    > don't really want to replace it with another low-end one. Cheers
    >
    > Mark

    sorry I meant my frame doesn't have a hanger, it does obviously have drop-outs!