Mech Hangers

Mark \

Guest
Hi all,

I'm doing some work on my old spare bike which I use for campus runs etc. I want to get a new rear
mech but the frame doesn't have a drop-out, the current mech is an old Shimano SIS one with a claw
bracket. Is it possible to get a claw drop out adaptor so I can use a proper group set mech on it? I
don't really want to replace it with another low-end one. Cheers

Mark

"Mark (UK)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm doing some work on my old spare bike which I use for campus runs etc.
> want to get a new rear mech but the frame doesn't have a drop-out, the current mech is an old
> Shimano SIS one with a claw bracket. Is it possible to get a claw drop out adaptor so I can use a
> proper group set mech on it?
> don't really want to replace it with another low-end one. Cheers
>
> Mark

sorry I meant my frame doesn't have a hanger, it does obviously have drop-outs!