mechanical cyclometers

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Steve Watkin, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    Any of you people got one of these suitable for a 26" (590) wheel
    > that you are willing to part with? This is the old fashioned type of cyclometer that uses a pin
    > fixed to the spoke which turns a little wheel on the meter. I would like to get hold of one for my
    > wife's Dutch utility bike. No doubt it's the kind of thing that has been languishing in the bottom
    > of that really old "odds and sods" box for many years! Thanks SW in the UK

    Tags:

  2. Pmailkeey

    Pmailkeey Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:31:20 +0000 (UTC), "Steve Watkin"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    :)Any of you people got one of these suitable for a 26" (590) wheel )> that you are willing to part
    :with? )> This is the old fashioned type of cyclometer that uses a pin fixed to )> the spoke which
    :turns a little wheel on the meter. I would like to )> get hold of one for my wife's Dutch utility
    :bike. )> No doubt it's the kind of thing that has been languishing in the )> bottom of that really
    :eek:ld "odds and sods" box for many years! )> Thanks )> SW in the UK

    I've got one on one of my Bs.

    I was asking about mechanical speedos elsewhere a year ago having had one of these electronic things
    being knocked out of action by a snowflake !
    --
    Comm again, Mike.