Mechanical doping (technological fraud) at the cyclocross worlds

I wonder if adding four pounds makes bunny hopping the barriers tougher or if the motor gets you an instant wheelie over the boards?

Why in the name of **** does video embedding have to be so damned ****ed up? ********.

If you just paste the link to the page into the editor it'll display the video in your post. The example below is purposefully typo'd, but yeah it's really all you need to do.

https://www youtube.com/watch ? v=nqhX8-dazOo

It also works with facebook videos, vimeo and some others.

Update: You may embed media from the following sites: Dailymotion, Facebook, Liveleak, Metacafe, Vimeo and YouTube.

Reactions: Volnix
You'd notice 4 pounds in a road race. In cross, where you run and carry the bike occasionally, even a child would notice.

It's because "it wasn't her bike". :p

But it was identical. Just 2 kg heavier and much faster. :D

Yes. That is a whole lot of added power.

The guy that finished in second place in the 2015 USAC pro ITT output about 365-370 Watts for an hour. Imagine how fast he would have been if provided a 25%-30% increase in power for just a minute here and a minute there.

Over a flat ITT course the extra weight of the electric motor and battery would not have been noticed much. As mpre53 and others have stated above, in a cyclo cross race it would be impossible not to notice the added weight.

If you just paste the link to the page into the editor it'll display the video in your post. The example below is purposefully typo'd, but yeah it's really all you need to do.

Steve,

Something was amiss. I tried the embed code, the video link, the web address/URL...all multiple times and every time I hit 'embed/ submit' the page would flip back to the sub-forum main page. Ghost in the machine!

Thanks for the assist!

Yes. That is a whole lot of added power.

The guy that finished in second place in the 2015 USAC pro ITT output about 365-370 Watts for an hour. Imagine how fast he would have been if provided a 25%-30% increase in power for just a minute here and a minute there.

Over a flat ITT course the extra weight of the electric motor and battery would not have been noticed much. As mpre53 and others have stated above, in a cyclo cross race it would be impossible not to notice the added weight.

I love Femke!!! :D

+110 Watt, 19yo Super-Troll Rider. . :D

(You might notice the sound from "Das Motor" but as they said on a video probably not in the Peloton. Especially with all these noisy-rickety Campy Freewheels in there. :D )

Looove Femke! ;) :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: steve
With the invention of motors I think many will try to cheat in one way or another. Mechanical doping is not common where I live. Those bikes for competitions need to be checked thoroughly before their owners could participate. I am interested with the photo above, it is like pushing a cart and you are seated on it. There is no reaction equaling to that action hence it might never move

In recent years, the words doping and cycling have become synonymous with each other unfortunately, and I think I've said before I think the sport is tarnished and unable to get its respect back.

Technological doping is just another nail, in an already nailed down coffin lid, and it just seems that cyclists aren't worrying too much about what form of cheating they do, in order to gain any edge that they can. Sad really...

A video showing ex-pro Johan Museeuw getting his ass kicked up the Oude Kwaremont by an amateur on a motorized racing bicycle. Then, watch the same amateur use the booster bike in a race.

Why in the name of **** does video embedding have to be so damned ****ed up? ********.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Am I the only one who thinks Cancellara made walking away fro Tom Boonen look too easy?

Spartacus sure did hit the afterburners, didn't he. Electric or natural? Only he and his wrench knows...

I was going to post the below earlier, but decided to mull it over. What the hell...let it rip!

Cheating in cycling? Say it ain't so!

Baseball...spitballs, rosin, cut balls, steroids & PED's, corked bats...

Football...PED's, deflated balls, deliberate injurious play...

Soccer...crooked refs, crooked organizers and crooked players, PED's...

Shooting sports and golf...beta blockers...

Auto racing...you name it...

Track & Field...bwahahahaha! Can't stop laughing...

Body building & Weight Lifting...still laughing...

Do I really need to go on? I certainly can. Cheating is human nature. Show me a level playing field and I'll show you a field full of blissfully ignorant morons. There has always been and always will be cheats and those that, whether a step ahead or two steps behind or on the take for a quick buck, will try to bust the cheats. Sometimes they are slowed down for a while, but rarely stopped for long.

And it's all a stupid soap opera anyway. And even the bad publicity keeps the rinky dink sport of cycling in the news for another day. And gives a bunch of crooked guys reason to demand ever more money to 'fix' what's broken and write even more rules into an already overly thick bible full of babel.

We need not concern ourselves with cheating in cycling. The homeless guy, Cookson, he's gonna clean up da house! he said so. Take that to the bank.

He is.