Mechanical triumph!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Phil.Winterbour, Jun 12, 2003.

  1. Today I bought and fitted a new front mech,

    and

    ...... wait for it

    ...... Changed the cable as well!

    All is now set up correctly, the new mech doesn't flap around like a dead fish - as the other one
    did. And I'm well chuffed as I've never really done anything more complex than change the brake pads
    and fiddle with mech set-up.

    All I need to do now is to build a wheel & I'll be able to pretend I know what I'm doing :)

    Phil

    Tags:

  2. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Today I bought and fitted a new front mech,

    snip

    > All I need to do now is to build a wheel & I'll be able to pretend I know what I'm doing :)

    Some of us claim mechanical competence based on much lesser achievements :eek:

  3. Panda

    Panda Guest

    Phil.Winterbourne wrote:
    > Today I bought and fitted a new front mech,
    >
    > and
    >
    > ...... wait for it
    >
    > ...... Changed the cable as well!
    >
    > All is now set up correctly, the new mech doesn't flap around like a dead fish - as the other one
    > did. And I'm well chuffed as I've never really done anything more complex than change the brake
    > pads and fiddle with mech set-up.
    >
    > All I need to do now is to build a wheel & I'll be able to pretend I know what I'm doing :)
    >
    > Phil

    cool! well done, although this is the top of a VERY slippery road!

    panda