Mechanical triumph!

Phil.Winterbour

Guest
Today I bought and fitted a new front mech,

and

...... wait for it

...... Changed the cable as well!

All is now set up correctly, the new mech doesn't flap around like a dead fish - as the other one
did. And I'm well chuffed as I've never really done anything more complex than change the brake pads
and fiddle with mech set-up.

All I need to do now is to build a wheel & I'll be able to pretend I know what I'm doing :)

Phil

"Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Today I bought and fitted a new front mech,

snip

> All I need to do now is to build a wheel & I'll be able to pretend I know what I'm doing :)

Some of us claim mechanical competence based on much lesser achievements :eek:

Phil.Winterbourne wrote:
> Today I bought and fitted a new front mech,
>
> and
>
> ...... wait for it
>
> ...... Changed the cable as well!
>
> All is now set up correctly, the new mech doesn't flap around like a dead fish - as the other one
> did. And I'm well chuffed as I've never really done anything more complex than change the brake
> pads and fiddle with mech set-up.
>
> All I need to do now is to build a wheel & I'll be able to pretend I know what I'm doing :)
>
> Phil

cool! well done, although this is the top of a VERY slippery road!

panda