Medalla Ultimate Dirt Challenge V - Rincon, PR

DiRt DeViL

Feb 8, 2006
The Medalla Brewing Company (local light beer) presents the Ultimate Dirt Challenge V.

This race is a UCI XCO Cat 1 race, Todd Wells is the defending champion. Todd, Adam Craig, Greg Sager and other racers will participate as a warm up event for the World Cup race later in the month on Curacao.

Also, some of the best dirt jumpers will participate on an exibition event. These riders have confirmed:

Aaron Chase
Chris Van Dine
Cameron McCaul
Chris Duncan
John Jesme
Paul Basagoitia
John Cowan
Eric Porter
Jeff Lenosky
Ben Boyko

For more information log on to http://www.contraelviento.com/ or email Ciclomundo West at [email protected]

DiRt DeViL said:
The Medalla Brewing Company (local light beer) presents the Ultimate Dirt Challenge V.

This race is a UCI XCO Cat 1 race, Todd Wells is the defending champion. Todd, Adam Craig, Greg Sager and other racers will participate as a warm up event for the World Cup race later in the month on Curacao.

Also, some of the best dirt jumpers will participate on an exibition event. These riders have confirmed:

Aaron Chase
Chris Van Dine
Cameron McCaul
Chris Duncan
John Jesme
Paul Basagoitia
John Cowan
Eric Porter
Jeff Lenosky
Ben Boyko

For more information log on to http://www.contraelviento.com/ or email Ciclomundo West at [email protected]
Ricon is a really nice area of Puerto Rico. I went to a famous bar there, right on the beach, but I can't remember its name. Medalla served very cold is great beer for a light beer. For anyone who goes, I highly recommend that you try Puerto Rican coffee. In my opinion, its some of the best in the world.

I only rode in Puerto Rico once, and it was the most I had ever sweat in my life. It was ninety-some-odd degrees, with humidity to match. I can't imagine racing in it, but I'm from San Diego, and just not used to that kind of humidity.

Tom

Comfirmed US riders:

Todd Wells Team Hyundai-GT
Jeremy Horgan Kobelsky Team Subaru - Gary Fisher
Adam Craig Team Giant
Walker Ferguson Team Scott
Jeremiah Bishop Team Trek-Volkswagen
Chris Eatough Team Trek-Volkwagen
Jason Sager
Ian Davidson

This race will be used by many as a warm up race for the World Cup race.