Medals: The score

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Davey Crockett, Oct 10, 2003.

  1. Well the Fat Lady did't sing yet.

    But with seven out of ten events decided, the Jingoistic Scoreboard looks like this:

    Nation Total Gold Silver Bronze Germany 5 2 1 2 Nederlands 5 1 2 2 Russia 4 1 1 2 Spain 1 1 - - GB
    1 1 - - Uzbekistan 1 1 - - Ukraine 1 - 1 - Australia 1 - 1 - Sweden 1 - - 1 Belgium 1 - - 1 Canada
    nil USA nil

    Hmmmm. And thinking about Opera, did I ever give you Davey's quick guide to the Opera - any
    Opera almost?

    Well the Tenor tries to Bonk the Soprano or Mezzo.

    But the Barritone keeps getting in the way.

    Then around the middle of the last act, the Soprano either dies or gets killed by the Tenor.

    Then the Fat Lady sings.

    Then the whole cast show up on stage and the audience throw flowers at them, or rotten eggs or
    whatever, depending upon how they ranked the performance.

    Then the Soprano sings another aria for an encore.

    Then the whole cast takes off to a swank hotel to guzzle Bubbly.

    --
    le vent a Dos

    Davey Crockett

    The following message is a courtesy copy of an article that has been posted to
    rec.bicycles.racing as well.

    [email protected] (Ed) writes:

    > Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]rs.com>...
    >> [email protected] (Ed) writes:
    >>

    >> > What a crock of sh!t from Davey Crockett.
    >>
    >> Can't stand the plain truth when it hits you, Wanker?
    >>
    >> Let's throw in the sh!ttiest race reportage/coverage and the sh!ttiest spectator turn out too.
    >>
    >> Maybe that will suit you better?
    >
    > Ooohh, forgot your Prozac tonight, Davey Crockosh!t?

    Man you sound like a skeleton jerking off in a garbage can

    So put on yer pink bibs and pedal off down to the local gay bar

    --
[...]

    Tags:

  2. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: Davey Crockett [email protected]

    >Well the Fat Lady did't sing yet.
    >
    >But with seven out of ten events decided, the Jingoistic Scoreboard looks like this:
    >
    >Nation Total Gold Silver Bronze Germany 5 2 1 2 Nederlands 5 1 2

    Well looks like I get to win again. Being a jingoistic German American, who has lived there, and
    supports everything except the current govt. which makes Bushie look good. I get to win the Tour and
    Worlds.. Oh, Life's tough. I'm just sorry Udo didn't get selected to work for the leaders as his
    last race. Cool that he got to retire at home though. Bill C

  3. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    A weighted scoring system would be something like, multiply the following factors:

    gold : 5 silver: 2 bronze: 1

    men : 10 women : 5
    U23: 3 Jr: 1

    Road: 3 ITT: 1

    In other words, the party's barely begun.

  4. Dan Connelly <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> writes:

    > A weighted scoring system would be something like, multiply the following factors:
    >
    > gold : 5 silver: 2 bronze: 1
    >
    > men : 10 women : 5
    > U23: 3 Jr: 1
    >
    > Road: 3 ITT: 1
    >
    > In other words, the party's barely begun.
    >
    > Davey Crockett wrote:
    >> Well the Fat Lady did't sing yet. But with seven out of ten events decided, the Jingoistic
    >> Scoreboard looks like this: Nation Total Gold Silver Bronze Germany 5 2 1 2 Nederlands 5 1 2 2
    >> Russia 4 1 1 2

    I looked at weighting it Dan, both gender wise and metallurgically.

    But the way it's unfolding right now, you don't need weights to see who are the Winnerz and who are
    the Wankerz.

    And as for OZ, unless they pull a Rabbit out of the Hat today or tomorrow, they'd better go pull a
    Lazarus on Charly Walsh. Charlee mighta bin the biggest Wanker Van Diemans Land ever produced, but
    his squad sure came home with the Bacon.

    --
    le vent a Dos

    Davey Crockett

  5. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]rs.com. ..

    > And as for OZ, unless they pull a Rabbit out of the Hat today or tomorrow,
    they'd better go pull a Lazarus on Charly Walsh. Charlee mighta bin the biggest Wanker Van Diemans
    Land ever produced, but his squad sure came home with the Bacon.

    Not on the road (not that Charlie had much to do with the road anyway). And the track squad hasn't
    done too badly since he left.

    Jeff

  6. [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in news:[email protected]:

    >>From: Davey Crockett [email protected]
    >
    >>Well the Fat Lady did't sing yet.
    >>
    >>But with seven out of ten events decided, the Jingoistic Scoreboard looks like this:
    >>
    >>Nation Total Gold Silver Bronze Germany 5 2 1 2 Nederlands 5 1 2
    >
    > Well looks like I get to win again. Being a jingoistic German American, who has lived there, and
    > supports everything except the current govt. which makes Bushie look good. I get to win the Tour
    > and Worlds.. Oh, Life's tough. I'm just sorry Udo didn't get selected to work for the leaders as
    > his last race. Cool that he got to retire at home though. Bill C

    Candy-ass.