Medecins Sans Frontieres

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by tobyjones, Mar 10, 2004.

  1. tobyjones

    tobyjones Guest

    http://www.msf.org/

    www.msf.org/about/index.cfm

    www.nobel.se/peace/laureates/1999/press.html

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

    Tags:

  2. Mark

    Mark Guest

    > http://www.msf.org/
    >
    > www.msf.org/about/index.cfm
    >
    > www.nobel.se/peace/laureates/1999/press.html

    An absolutely wonderful organization. Of course, if they are
    suspicious of Hulda's Zapper, they'll forever be branded as
    members of EVIL ORGANIZED MEDICINE, but it won't detract
    from the fact that they do good work in places where others
    may fear to tread.

    As soon as the kids are out and on their own, my wife and I
    plan on joining MSF or another similar organization and
    devoting some of our lives to lending a hand. It sure would
    beat spending retirement line-dancing and lounging around
    the trailer park...

    Mark, MD

  3. Anth

    Anth Guest

    Why don't you spend your time working for a Nobel
    Prize? Anth

    "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > http://www.msf.org/
    > >
    > > www.msf.org/about/index.cfm
    > >
    > > www.nobel.se/peace/laureates/1999/press.html
    >

    > An absolutely wonderful organization. Of course, if they
    > are suspicious of Hulda's Zapper, they'll forever be
    > branded as members of EVIL ORGANIZED MEDICINE, but it
    > won't detract from the fact that they do good work in
    > places where others may fear to tread.
    >
    > As soon as the kids are out and on their own, my wife and
    > I plan on joining MSF or another similar organization and
    > devoting some of our lives to lending a hand. It sure
    > would beat spending retirement line-dancing and lounging
    > around the trailer park...
    >
    > Mark, MD

  4. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] wrote:

    > http://www.msf.org/
    >
    > www.msf.org/about/index.cfm
    >
    > www.nobel.se/peace/laureates/1999/press.html

    You realize, of course, that this wonderful charitable
    organization is part of the eeevvilll organized medicine. It
    is made up of mainly of doctors.

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do
    |you inconvenience me with questions?"

  5. tobyjones

    tobyjones Guest

    > You realize, of course, that this wonderful charitable
    > organization is part of the eeevvilll organized medicine.
    > It is made up of mainly of doctors.

    Why are you directing that comment to me?

    I don't get it.

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

  6. "Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.msf.org/
    > >
    > > www.msf.org/about/index.cfm
    > >
    > > www.nobel.se/peace/laureates/1999/press.html
    >
    > You realize, of course, that this wonderful charitable
    > organization is part of the eeevvilll organized medicine.
    > It is made up of mainly of doctors.

    They have racked up a very admirable list of awards:

    http://www.msf.org/about/index.cfm?indexid=B439CD3B-BFBB-
    11D4-B1FD0060084A6370

    A friend of mine does volunteer work through them.

  7. "Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.msf.org/
    > >
    > > www.msf.org/about/index.cfm
    > >
    > > www.nobel.se/peace/laureates/1999/press.html
    >
    > You realize, of course, that this wonderful charitable
    > organization is part of the eeevvilll organized medicine.
    > It is made up of mainly of doctors.

    They have racked up a very admirable list of awards:

    http://www.msf.org/about/index.cfm?indexid=B439CD3B-BFBB-
    11D4-B1FD0060084A6370

    A friend of mine does volunteer work through them.

  8. Ilsa9.11

    Ilsa9.11 Guest

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.msf.org/
    >>
    >> www.msf.org/about/index.cfm
    >>
    >> www.nobel.se/peace/laureates/1999/press.html
    >
    >You realize, of course, that this wonderful charitable
    >organization is part of the eeevvilll organized medicine.
    >It is made up of mainly of doctors.

    Worse still, almost 25% of the Nobel Laureates for Medicine
    are/were Jewish. Given that Jews represent less than 1% of
    the world population, it must be a serious thorn in the ass
    of Jan, Rod, Rb, Debbee, and Gymmie Bob.

    >Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."

  9. Mark

    Mark Guest

    "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Why don't you spend your time working for a Nobel
    > Prize? Anth

    I don't think I'm smart enough or driven enough to earn a
    Nobel Prize.
    The degree of sophistication in research that makes it to
    the level
    of being worthy of a Nobel Prize in Medicine is, frankly,
    beyond me.

    It doesn't take a Nobel-worthy intellect, however, to do
    good work in bad parts of the world (or anywhere else, for
    that matter.)

    Mark, MD

  10. "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Why don't you spend your time working for a Nobel
    > > Prize? Anth
    >

    > I don't think I'm smart enough or driven enough to earn a
    > Nobel Prize.
    > The degree of sophistication in research that makes it to
    > the level
    > of being worthy of a Nobel Prize in Medicine is, frankly,
    > beyond me.
    >
    > It doesn't take a Nobel-worthy intellect, however, to do
    > good work in bad parts of the world (or anywhere else, for
    > that matter.)

    Look at Sally Struthers.

  11. [email protected] (Ilsa9.11) wrote:

    >>In article <[email protected]>,
    >>[email protected] wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.msf.org/
    >>>
    >>> www.msf.org/about/index.cfm
    >>>
    >>> www.nobel.se/peace/laureates/1999/press.html
    >>
    >>You realize, of course, that this wonderful charitable
    >>organization is part of the eeevvilll organized medicine.
    >>It is made up of mainly of doctors.
    >
    >Worse still, almost 25% of the Nobel Laureates for Medicine
    >are/were Jewish. Given that Jews represent less than 1% of
    >the world population, it must be a serious thorn in the ass
    >of Jan, Rod, Rb, Debbee, and Gymmie Bob.

    But one of the Australians (Sir Howard Florey) graduated
    MB,BS from, wait for it, the University of Adelaide.

    And another, Sir Frank McFarlane Burnet, held one of those
    easily available Australian "MD" degrees from the University
    of Melbourne.

    Perhaps these are omens.

    --
    Peter Bowditch