Thanks Shabby. It's now a running joke in my household ie "WHO IS THAT PRO CYCLIST??!!"
:D

so.. who IS she??? :confused:

On 2006-03-28, Shabby (aka Bruce)

> OK, if you've been watching the Commie Games, you'd have seen the ad for
> Medibank Private with a blonde chick stating:
>
> "I'm a professional cyclist and I have lots of crashes..."

<gpl>That's not very pro</gpl>

--
TimC
When the revolution comes, we'll need a longer wall. -- Tom De Mulder

On 2006-03-28, Shabby (aka Bruce)

> OK, if you've been watching the Commie Games, you'd have seen the ad for
> Medibank Private with a blonde chick stating:
>
> "I'm a professional cyclist and I have lots of crashes..."

<gpl>That's not very pro</gpl>

--
TimC
When the revolution comes, we'll need a longer wall. -- Tom De Mulder

it's women's racing Tim ;) <ducks for cover>

Shabby said:
OK, if you've been watching the Commie Games, you'd have seen the ad for Medibank Private with a blonde chick stating:

"I'm a professional cyclist and I have lots of crashes..."

Anyone know who this is? It's been bugging me.....

aw bugger. kept meaning to ask that...

presumably the Ad was made in Sydely.

and IF she is a pro-cyclist WTF was she doin wanderin around zombified in the local mall??? shouldnt she be lieing down, eating things handed to her without question, being filmed for yet another behind-the-scenes-docco,

OR SHE'S AN ACTRESS!

I'm betting the latter. having bought talent for photoshoots/commercials previously i can attest to what a major feckin pain in the **** permissions, copyrights, royalties, associated associations etc are and it's usually far easier/cheaper/faster to just hire 'talent' than someone 'talented' :rolleyes:

speaking of which, anyone wanna buy my business? I've had enough of playing boss/employer. it sucks :(
I'll throw in a (broken) CF Bianchi frame :)

TimC wrote:
> On 2006-03-28, Shabby (aka Bruce)
> >
> > OK, if you've been watching the Commie Games, you'd have seen the ad for
> > Medibank Private with a blonde chick stating:
> >
> > "I'm a professional cyclist and I have lots of crashes..."

> <gpl>That's not very pro</gpl>
>
> --
> TimC
> When the revolution comes, we'll need a longer wall. -- Tom De Mulder

Yeah, if that's the criteria TimC could be professional!

PiledHigher said:
TimC wrote:
> On 2006-03-28, Shabby (aka Bruce)
> >
> > OK, if you've been watching the Commie Games, you'd have seen the ad for
> > Medibank Private with a blonde chick stating:
> >
> > "I'm a professional cyclist and I have lots of crashes..."

> <gpl>That's not very pro</gpl>
>
> --
> TimC
> When the revolution comes, we'll need a longer wall. -- Tom De Mulder

Yeah, if that's the criteria TimC could be professional!
If he gets paid to ride, doesn't that mean he is professional already? I'm waiting for him to show up on a BR with a brand new pro machine/soloist/c50/etcetc that he wrote off on his tax as a "training bike" :D

Ash

flyingdutch said:
presumably the Ad was made in Sydely.
Why? Medibank head office is Melbourne.

Thing that bugs me is that falling off a bike and the accident prone kid are more likely to be serviced through medicare. What has medibank private got to do with that?

Just got a letter from medibank saying premium going up again, as benefits drop further. That ads the last straw. Stuff 'em, I'm changing.

sinus said:
Why? Medibank head office is Melbourne.

Thing that bugs me is that falling off a bike and the accident prone kid are more likely to be serviced through medicare. What has medibank private got to do with that?

Just got a letter from medibank saying premium going up again, as benefits drop further. That ads the last straw. Stuff 'em, I'm changing.

Once you have changed you can sing "I feel better now" :p

sinus wrote:
> Just got a letter from medibank saying premium going up again, as
> benefits drop further. That ads the last straw. Stuff 'em, I'm
> changing.

Hah, good luck. I changed for that reason and let's just say they're not
exactly helpful when it comes to leaving (further justifyign the
decision to do it).

daveB

My issue has been that if she's a professional cyclist, she's covered
under her team's insurance and wouldn't give a rat's **** about it.

blah said:
My issue has been that if she's a professional cyclist, she's covered
under her team's insurance and wouldn't give a rat's **** about it.

Well, she obviously crashed so many times, she had to give away professional bike racing, and become an actor instead! :D

warrwych said:
Well, she obviously crashed so many times, she had to give away professional bike racing, and become an actor instead! :D

You've nailed it. Solidly.

"DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> sinus wrote:
>> Just got a letter from medibank saying premium going up again, as
>> benefits drop further. That ads the last straw. Stuff 'em, I'm
>> changing.
>>

> Hah, good luck. I changed for that reason and let's just say they're not
> exactly helpful when it comes to leaving (further justifyign the decision
> to do it).
>
> daveB

Yeah, my HBA premium is going up also. Monny grabbing bastards, but
cheaper than paying an extra 1% Medicare 'levy'.

Just sent Medibank an email asking the question. Here's the response:

"Thank you for your enquiry. Medibank will endeavour to respond to your question within 14 business days."

Will let you know the answer to this pressing question.

Will also endeavour to find out why she doesn;t have ACF or BV insurance to cover any crashes.

Donga wrote:

> Are the others better? Help!

Defence Health rocks. Cheap, very good cover. Plus you don't cop

Tam

Couldn't sit this one out...

I've just put in a call to head office in Melbourne,

The receptionist was astounded/bemused that we care so much about the
"professional" cyclists' identity and attempted to put me through to
the Marketing department.

Everyone's out at lunch it seems, so i got to listen to their catchy 'i
feel better now' muzak for a while, but

my number has been taken, will report back when and if I get a response
too.

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> Donga wrote:
>
>>Are the others better? Help!

> Defence Health rocks. Cheap, very good cover. Plus you don't cop
>
> Tam

More importantly (from memory anyway), you don't have to be defence
force to be in it.

DaveB