MEDICAL DOG TAGS

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.soc archive' started by Stolen By Fuji, Mar 1, 2003.

  1. I bought a set of dog tags in:

    http://www.armytags.com

    in case of emergency: bloodtype, my allergies, phone number in case of emergency, etc. Does anybody
    know why do the soldiers have to wear two dog tags?.

    Thanks, greetings.

    Tags:

  2. Matt

    Matt Guest

    STOLEN BY FUJI <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I bought a set of dog tags in:
    >
    > http://www.armytags.com
    >
    > in case of emergency: bloodtype, my allergies, phone number in case of emergency, etc. Does
    > anybody know why do the soldiers have to wear two dog tags?.
    >
    > Thanks, greetings.

    I believe that one gets sent somewhere, while the other is jammed into the dead soldier's mouth
    (stays with body better) to eventually identify the corpse.

  3. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "STOLEN BY FUJI" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anybody know why do the soldiers have to wear two dog tags?.

    Check your site's FAQs: ¿Why to use two dog tags? - ¿What is for the two dog tags?
    R.-"Two dog tags are issued to each soldier in war times. In the unfortunate case that a soldier is
    killed in combat, one tag would stay with the body and the other tag would go with a scout and
    eventually to the next of kin".

  4. Krl

    Krl Guest

    I got my set at

    http://www.dogtagsonline.com/

    Very cheap and good service. I ordered a yellow border and then used a cable tie to attach it to my
    camelbak. When I'm unconscious and they turn me over to revive me, they're bound to see it. Happy
    trails. KRL

  5. Karen M.

    Karen M. Guest

    KRL wrote:
    > I got my set at
    >
    > Very cheap and good service...

    You might want to read the standard newsgroup FAQ. This is not an advertising medium, and most
    potential customers are turned off by ads thinly disguised as "helpful" posts. In some NG, the
    regulars reply to something like this with, "I will never order from you. Ever." HTH

    --Karen M.

  6. Krl

    Krl Guest

    > You might want to read the standard newsgroup FAQ. This is not an advertising medium, and most
    > potential customers are turned off by ads thinly disguised as "helpful" posts.

    Thanks for your helpful post. I agree the first poster may have been hawking his dog tags. You may
    want to re-read my post for my biking tip associated with the dog tags. I'm not associated with any
    dog tag company. I'm a bicyclist. I trust the readers will make up their own minds about whether I'm
    a shill. Happy trails. KRL