Medical opinion someone?

Aussie Steve

Nov 8, 2005
hey this is a weird one... i am suffering a bit from ahem... piles - around the old choc starfish... i dont want to be off the bike for too long so no way will i agree to any surgery! its summer here, need lots of K's on bike in decent weather...i'd rather do surgery in Winter when i'll be too lazy to ride anyway
Any thoughts people ?

I'm assuming they are external ? As long as they are not so large as to portrude from the legs of your shorts and get caught in the chain you will be OK . Most of the wear and tear is anterior to the trouble spot anyway . The procedure is almost elective , so no worries about putting it off . I would maintain meticulous hygiene and be mindful of any significant bleeding .
Hydrocortisone cream and triple antibiotic ointment makes a not too bad chamois balm .
Just remember, no thongs at the beach .
MPS, RN

Face it, you're falling apart.

There's a bunch of over the counter stuff you can get from your friendly pharmacist - Proctosedyl, Anusol, Preparation H etc, etc. that will help soothe them.

You might want to watch the bowels as well ....... try and avoid getting constipated as that can be a little "traumatic" for the old piles, particularly the straining.