Medical System Leading Cause Of Death & Injury In US

Jan

Guest
http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2003/10/29/medical_system_is_leading_
cause_of_death_and_injury_in_us.htm

October 29, 2003

Medical system is leading cause of death and injury in US

Shocking statistical evidence is cited by Gary Null PhD, Caroly Dean MD ND,
Martin Feldman MD, Debora Rasio MD and Dorothy Smith PhD in their recent paper
Death by Medicine - October 2003, released by the Nutrition Institute of
America.

"A definitive review and close reading of medical peer-review journals, and
government health statistics shows that American medicine frequently causes
more harm than good. The number of people having in-hospital, adverse drug
reactions (ADR) to prescribed medicine is 2.2 million. Dr. Richard Besser, of
the CDC, in 1995, said the number of unnecessary antibiotics prescribed
annually for viral infections was 20 million. Dr. Besser, in 2003, now refers
to tens of millions of unnecessary antibiotics. The number of unnecessary
medical and surgical procedures performed annually is 7.5 million. The number
of people exposed to unnecessary hospitalization annually is 8.9 million. The
total number of iatrogenic deaths shown in the following table is 783,936. It
is evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and
injury in the United States. The 2001 heart disease annual death rate is
699,697; the annual cancer death rate, 553,251.

Health Care expenditures in the US have reached 14% of the Gross National
Product and a staggering $1.6 trillion in 2003. No wonder, one might be tempted
to say. With such an appalling record of efficacy and such an unbelievable
death rate for the treatments routinely administered, the current medical
system can only be said to be in great need of deep reform.

Certainly it would appear more urgent to investigate the rationale, efficacy
and relative cost-effectiveness of pharmaceutical medicine than to legislate
restrictive rules for supplements of vital nutrients, as most governments and
some international organisations are doing in these times.

The Nutrition Institute of America

October 28, 2003

Deadly Medical Mistakes Exposed

New York, New York - New information has been presented showing the degree to
which Americans have been subjected to injury and death by medical errors. The
results of seven years of research reviewing thousands of studies conducted by
the NIA now show that medical errors are the number one cause of death and
injury in the United States.

According to the NIA's report, over 784,000 people die annually due to medical
mistakes. Comparatively, the 2001 annual death rate for heart disease was
699,697 and the annual death rate for cancer was 553,251.

Over 2.2 million people are injured every year by prescription drugs alone and
over 20 million unnecessary prescriptions for antibiotics are prescribed
annually for viral infections. The report also shows that 7.5 million
unnecessary medical and surgical procedures are performed every year and 8.9
million people are needlessly hospitalized annually. Based on the results of
NIA's report, it is evident that there is a pressing need for an overhaul of
the entire American medical system.

The findings, described as a "revelation" by Martin Feldman, MD, who helped to
uncover the evidence, are the product of the first comprehensive studies on
iatrogenic incidents. Never before has any study uncovered such a massive
amount of information with regard to iatrogenesis. Historically, only small
individual partial studies have been performed in this area.

Carolyn Dean, MD, a physician and author who also helped to uncover the
findings said, "I was completely shocked, amazed, and dismayed when I first
added up all the statistics on medical death and saw how much allopathic
medicine has betrayed us."

The Nutrition Institute of America is a not-for-profit, non-partisan
organization that has been enlightening the public on health issues for nearly
30 years.

For more information, contact David Slater, President of NIA at (646) 505 -
4660 x 155.
Alternatively contact: Richard Polonetsky (646)-505-4660 x171

See also related

Drugs and Doctors May be the Leading Cause of Death in U.S.

Book by Jeffrey Robinson Prescription Games: Life, Death and Money Inside the
Global Pharmaceutical Industry

Posted at October 29, 2003 06:41 PM | TrackBack

Comments

Thanks so much for your webpage, it truly is my philosophy as well - self
sufficiancy, reliance on your own brain power, not being a drone etc.

This however was a painful passage, one of which you go through as you descend
into a rabbit hole, after having two children vaccinated and now how autism
becuase of it.

My webpage will explain why a universal screen for biochemical differences
should be followed accordingly in line to the biological code of ethics, that
every person has a healing constitution different from their neighbors,
thereby, a one size fit all with any drug, vaccine or approach, is unadvisable
and could be detrimental and deadly.

Thanks
Kathy Blanco
www.childscreen.com
www.voicesofsafety.com

[email protected] (Jan) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2003/10/29/medical_system_is_leading_
> cause_of_death_and_injury_in_us.htm
>
> October 29, 2003
>
> Medical system is leading cause of death and injury in US

Car accidents, cancer, heart disease, & violent human interaction
account for numbers far higher. But not a surprising false claim by
the Nutrition Institute of America......

> Shocking statistical evidence is cited by Gary Null PhD,

Watched this guy speak on PBS & was amazed to see so much
misinformation come out of one person......

> Caroly Dean MD ND,
> Martin Feldman MD, Debora Rasio MD and Dorothy Smith PhD in their recent paper
> Death by Medicine - October 2003, released by the Nutrition Institute of
> America.
>
> "A definitive review and close reading of medical peer-review journals, and
> government health statistics shows that American medicine frequently causes
> more harm than good. The number of people having in-hospital, adverse drug
> reactions (ADR) to prescribed medicine is 2.2 million. Dr. Richard Besser, of
> the CDC, in 1995, said the number of unnecessary antibiotics prescribed
> annually for viral infections was 20 million. Dr. Besser, in 2003, now refers
> to tens of millions of unnecessary antibiotics. The number of unnecessary
> medical and surgical procedures performed annually is 7.5 million. The number
> of people exposed to unnecessary hospitalization annually is 8.9 million. The
> total number of iatrogenic deaths shown in the following table is 783,936. It
> is evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and
> injury in the United States. The 2001 heart disease annual death rate is
> 699,697; the annual cancer death rate, 553,251.

Good moves, but easy to see through -- first, downplay heart disease &
cancer by citing *deaths* only (without including the "injury" part of
these illnesses or additional deaths where cancer & cardiac disease
was a contributing factor), while inflating the numbers of deaths &
injuries supposedly attributable to the US medical system. ADR's can
include headaches, occasional fatigue, & other minor complaints that
may *or may not* be attributable to any prescribed medication. [I
recently had to note a patient's complaint of having a headache as a
possible ADR to the medication she is on -- although it could just as
easily be related to the screaming of her colicky infant that she
informed us had been almost non-stop for most of that day.] Next, use
vague terms without specific definitions. For example, "unnecessary
medical & surgical procedures" can include elective surgeries of all
sorts -- ranging from correction of bunions (certainly not *necessary*
to preserve the patient's life, although the patient with the bum feet
might feel otherwise) to esthetic plastic surgery a patient has done
in their pursuit of eternal youth & beauty. [In addition to the
article's glossing over elective surgery *chosen* by the patient, the
use of "unnecessary" doesn't tell readers *who* deemed the surgery
unnecessary. Unless 7.5 million medical & surgical procedure were
carefully reviewed by those qualified to asess the *need* for the
procedure(s) done in each case, it has no more validity than
pronouncing 7.5 million procedures "life saving" -- & of course the
latter would be just as unlikely to be true as the former.]

> Health Care expenditures in the US have reached 14% of the Gross National
> Product and a staggering $1.6 trillion in 2003. No wonder, one might be tempted
> to say.

Yup, patients often want the latest tests & procedures. MRI's, CT
scans, blood tests for every possible ailment, more information &
options than ever imagined 40 years ago! Some say it's too much money
-- until they or a loved one is the one who's sick or injured.

> With such an appalling record of efficacy

According to whom? Not the patients who've been successfully treated
for serious illnesses & major injuries. Not people who chose
medical/surgical intervention to correct a problem they would've been
told to "get used to" a generation ago.

My 19 year old son recently underwent a successful corneal transplant,
performed in an ambulatory surgical center specializing in opthalmic
procedures. A skilled surgeon undertook this procedure only after
less invasive treatment for the problem was tried, without success. I
can't thank the donor's family enough for their incredible gift & the
doc also has my deepest gratitude for his role in restoring my son's
sight in the eye. The US medical system isn't perfect, & those of us
working in it readily agree there's room for improvement. But I look
at one of the people I love with all my heart & see what a wonderful
thing that system was able to do for him. To anyone who would say his
treatment was "unnecessary" or that it wasn't "cost-effective", I
raise both my middle fingers ....

>[email protected] (Jan) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2003/10/29/medical_system_is_leading_
>> cause_of_death_and_injury_in_us.htm
>>
>> October 29, 2003
>>
>> Medical system is leading cause of death and injury in US

>Car accidents, cancer, heart disease, & violent human interaction
>account for numbers far higher. But not a surprising false claim by
>the Nutrition Institute of America......

Yeah, didn't someone post the Actual Leading Causes of Death as recently as
yesterday? ;)

http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/factsheets/death_causes2000.htm

Actual Causes of Death in the United States, 2000
In 2000, the most common actual causes of death in the United States were
tobacco (435,000), poor diet and physical inactivity (400,000), alcohol
consumption (85,000), microbial agents (e.g., influenza and pneumonia, 75,000),
toxic agents (e.g., pollutants and asbestos, 55,000), motor vehicle accidents
(43,000), firearms (29,000), sexual behavior (20,000) and illicit use of drugs
(17,000).

Actual causes of death are defined as lifestyle and behavioral such as smoking
and physical inactivity that contribute to this nation’s leading killers
including heart disease, cancer, and stroke.

>Subject: Re: Medical System Leading Cause Of Death & Injury In US
>From: [email protected]CSaint (Amalgams are Super Fantastic)
>Date: 4/27/2004 1:12 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>>[email protected] (Jan) wrote in message
>>news:<[email protected]>...
>>> http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2003/10/29/medical_system_is_leading_

cause_of_death_and_injury_in_us.htm

>>> October 29, 2003
>>>
>>> Medical system is leading cause of death and injury in US

>>Car accidents, cancer, heart disease, & violent human interaction
>>account for numbers far higher. But not a surprising false claim by
>>the Nutrition Institute of America......
>>

>Yeah, didn't someone post the Actual Leading Causes of Death as recently as
>yesterday? ;)
>
>http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/factsheets/death_causes2000.htm

Umm. 2003 comes AFTER 2000.

> [...]

the entire American medical system.

The findings, described as a "revelation" by Martin Feldman, MD, who helped to
uncover the evidence, are the product of the first comprehensive studies on
iatrogenic incidents. Never before has any study uncovered such a massive
amount of information with regard to iatrogenesis. Historically, only small
individual partial studies have been performed in this area.

Carolyn Dean, MD, a physician and author who also helped to uncover the
findings said, "I was completely shocked, amazed, and dismayed when I first
added up all the statistics on medical death and saw how much allopathic
medicine has betrayed us."

The Nutrition Institute of America is a not-for-profit, non-partisan
organization that has been enlightening the public on health issues for nearly

Download the whole report here.

For more information, contact David Slater, President of NIA at (646) 505 -
4660 x 155.
Alternatively contact: Richard Polonetsky (646)-505-4660 x171

See also related

Drugs and Doctors May be the Leading Cause of Death in U.S.

Book by Jeffrey Robinson Prescription Games: Life, Death and Money Inside the
Global Pharmaceutical Industry

Posted at October 29, 2003 06:41 PM | TrackBack

Comments

Thanks so much for your webpage, it truly is my philosophy as well - self
sufficiancy, reliance on your own brain power, not being a drone etc.

This however was a painful passage, one of which you go through as you descend
into a rabbit hole, after having two children vaccinated and now how autism
becuase of it.

My webpage will explain why a universal screen for biochemical differences
should be followed accordingly in line to the biological code of ethics, that
every person has a healing constitution different from their neighbors,
thereby, a one size fit all with any drug, vaccine or approach, is unadvisable
and could be detrimental and deadly.

Thanks
Kathy Blanco
www.childscreen.com
www.voicesofsafety.com

[email protected] (Jan) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >Subject: Re: Medical System Leading Cause Of Death & Injury In US
> >From: [email protected]CSaint (Amalgams are Super Fantastic)
> >Date: 4/27/2004 1:12 PM Pacific Standard Time
> >
> >>[email protected] (Jan) wrote in message
> >>news:<[email protected]>...

> cause_of_death_and_injury_in_us.htm

> >>Car accidents, cancer, heart disease, & violent human interaction
> >>account for numbers far higher. But not a surprising false claim by
> >>the Nutrition Institute of America......
> >>

> >Yeah, didn't someone post the Actual Leading Causes of Death as recently as
> >yesterday? ;)
> >
> >http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/factsheets/death_causes2000.htm

> Umm. 2003 comes AFTER 2000.

The article cites some of its statistics from 1995 & 2001. The
numbers didn't do an about face between 2000 & 2003.