Medical System Leading Cause Of Death & Injury In US

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Jan, Apr 26, 2004.

  1. Jan

    Jan Guest

    http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2003/10/29/medical_system_is_leading_
    cause_of_death_and_injury_in_us.htm

    October 29, 2003

    Medical system is leading cause of death and injury in US

    Shocking statistical evidence is cited by Gary Null PhD, Caroly Dean MD ND,
    Martin Feldman MD, Debora Rasio MD and Dorothy Smith PhD in their recent paper
    Death by Medicine - October 2003, released by the Nutrition Institute of
    America.

    "A definitive review and close reading of medical peer-review journals, and
    government health statistics shows that American medicine frequently causes
    more harm than good. The number of people having in-hospital, adverse drug
    reactions (ADR) to prescribed medicine is 2.2 million. Dr. Richard Besser, of
    the CDC, in 1995, said the number of unnecessary antibiotics prescribed
    annually for viral infections was 20 million. Dr. Besser, in 2003, now refers
    to tens of millions of unnecessary antibiotics. The number of unnecessary
    medical and surgical procedures performed annually is 7.5 million. The number
    of people exposed to unnecessary hospitalization annually is 8.9 million. The
    total number of iatrogenic deaths shown in the following table is 783,936. It
    is evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and
    injury in the United States. The 2001 heart disease annual death rate is
    699,697; the annual cancer death rate, 553,251.

    Health Care expenditures in the US have reached 14% of the Gross National
    Product and a staggering $1.6 trillion in 2003. No wonder, one might be tempted
    to say. With such an appalling record of efficacy and such an unbelievable
    death rate for the treatments routinely administered, the current medical
    system can only be said to be in great need of deep reform.

    Certainly it would appear more urgent to investigate the rationale, efficacy
    and relative cost-effectiveness of pharmaceutical medicine than to legislate
    restrictive rules for supplements of vital nutrients, as most governments and
    some international organisations are doing in these times.

    The Nutrition Institute of America

    October 28, 2003

    Deadly Medical Mistakes Exposed

    New York, New York - New information has been presented showing the degree to
    which Americans have been subjected to injury and death by medical errors. The
    results of seven years of research reviewing thousands of studies conducted by
    the NIA now show that medical errors are the number one cause of death and
    injury in the United States.

    According to the NIA's report, over 784,000 people die annually due to medical
    mistakes. Comparatively, the 2001 annual death rate for heart disease was
    699,697 and the annual death rate for cancer was 553,251.

    Over 2.2 million people are injured every year by prescription drugs alone and
    over 20 million unnecessary prescriptions for antibiotics are prescribed
    annually for viral infections. The report also shows that 7.5 million
    unnecessary medical and surgical procedures are performed every year and 8.9
    million people are needlessly hospitalized annually. Based on the results of
    NIA's report, it is evident that there is a pressing need for an overhaul of
    the entire American medical system.

    The findings, described as a "revelation" by Martin Feldman, MD, who helped to
    uncover the evidence, are the product of the first comprehensive studies on
    iatrogenic incidents. Never before has any study uncovered such a massive
    amount of information with regard to iatrogenesis. Historically, only small
    individual partial studies have been performed in this area.

    Carolyn Dean, MD, a physician and author who also helped to uncover the
    findings said, "I was completely shocked, amazed, and dismayed when I first
    added up all the statistics on medical death and saw how much allopathic
    medicine has betrayed us."

    The Nutrition Institute of America is a not-for-profit, non-partisan
    organization that has been enlightening the public on health issues for nearly
    30 years.

    For more information, contact David Slater, President of NIA at (646) 505 -
    4660 x 155.
    Alternatively contact: Richard Polonetsky (646)-505-4660 x171

    See also related

    Drugs and Doctors May be the Leading Cause of Death in U.S.

    Book by Jeffrey Robinson Prescription Games: Life, Death and Money Inside the
    Global Pharmaceutical Industry

    Posted at October 29, 2003 06:41 PM | TrackBack

    Comments

    Thanks so much for your webpage, it truly is my philosophy as well - self
    sufficiancy, reliance on your own brain power, not being a drone etc.

    This however was a painful passage, one of which you go through as you descend
    into a rabbit hole, after having two children vaccinated and now how autism
    becuase of it.

    My webpage will explain why a universal screen for biochemical differences
    should be followed accordingly in line to the biological code of ethics, that
    every person has a healing constitution different from their neighbors,
    thereby, a one size fit all with any drug, vaccine or approach, is unadvisable
    and could be detrimental and deadly.

    Thanks
    Kathy Blanco
    www.childscreen.com
    www.voicesofsafety.com

    Tags:

  2. Michele

    Michele Guest

    [email protected] (Jan) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2003/10/29/medical_system_is_leading_
    > cause_of_death_and_injury_in_us.htm
    >
    > October 29, 2003
    >
    > Medical system is leading cause of death and injury in US

    Car accidents, cancer, heart disease, & violent human interaction
    account for numbers far higher. But not a surprising false claim by
    the Nutrition Institute of America......

    > Shocking statistical evidence is cited by Gary Null PhD,

    Watched this guy speak on PBS & was amazed to see so much
    misinformation come out of one person......

    > Caroly Dean MD ND,
    > Martin Feldman MD, Debora Rasio MD and Dorothy Smith PhD in their recent paper
    > Death by Medicine - October 2003, released by the Nutrition Institute of
    > America.
    >
    > "A definitive review and close reading of medical peer-review journals, and
    > government health statistics shows that American medicine frequently causes
    > more harm than good. The number of people having in-hospital, adverse drug
    > reactions (ADR) to prescribed medicine is 2.2 million. Dr. Richard Besser, of
    > the CDC, in 1995, said the number of unnecessary antibiotics prescribed
    > annually for viral infections was 20 million. Dr. Besser, in 2003, now refers
    > to tens of millions of unnecessary antibiotics. The number of unnecessary
    > medical and surgical procedures performed annually is 7.5 million. The number
    > of people exposed to unnecessary hospitalization annually is 8.9 million. The
    > total number of iatrogenic deaths shown in the following table is 783,936. It
    > is evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and
    > injury in the United States. The 2001 heart disease annual death rate is
    > 699,697; the annual cancer death rate, 553,251.

    Good moves, but easy to see through -- first, downplay heart disease &
    cancer by citing *deaths* only (without including the "injury" part of
    these illnesses or additional deaths where cancer & cardiac disease
    was a contributing factor), while inflating the numbers of deaths &
    injuries supposedly attributable to the US medical system. ADR's can
    include headaches, occasional fatigue, & other minor complaints that
    may *or may not* be attributable to any prescribed medication. [I
    recently had to note a patient's complaint of having a headache as a
    possible ADR to the medication she is on -- although it could just as
    easily be related to the screaming of her colicky infant that she
    informed us had been almost non-stop for most of that day.] Next, use
    vague terms without specific definitions. For example, "unnecessary
    medical & surgical procedures" can include elective surgeries of all
    sorts -- ranging from correction of bunions (certainly not *necessary*
    to preserve the patient's life, although the patient with the bum feet
    might feel otherwise) to esthetic plastic surgery a patient has done
    in their pursuit of eternal youth & beauty. [In addition to the
    article's glossing over elective surgery *chosen* by the patient, the
    use of "unnecessary" doesn't tell readers *who* deemed the surgery
    unnecessary. Unless 7.5 million medical & surgical procedure were
    carefully reviewed by those qualified to asess the *need* for the
    procedure(s) done in each case, it has no more validity than
    pronouncing 7.5 million procedures "life saving" -- & of course the
    latter would be just as unlikely to be true as the former.]

    > Health Care expenditures in the US have reached 14% of the Gross National
    > Product and a staggering $1.6 trillion in 2003. No wonder, one might be tempted
    > to say.

    Yup, patients often want the latest tests & procedures. MRI's, CT
    scans, blood tests for every possible ailment, more information &
    options than ever imagined 40 years ago! Some say it's too much money
    -- until they or a loved one is the one who's sick or injured.

    > With such an appalling record of efficacy

    According to whom? Not the patients who've been successfully treated
    for serious illnesses & major injuries. Not people who chose
    medical/surgical intervention to correct a problem they would've been
    told to "get used to" a generation ago.

    My 19 year old son recently underwent a successful corneal transplant,
    performed in an ambulatory surgical center specializing in opthalmic
    procedures. A skilled surgeon undertook this procedure only after
    less invasive treatment for the problem was tried, without success. I
    can't thank the donor's family enough for their incredible gift & the
    doc also has my deepest gratitude for his role in restoring my son's
    sight in the eye. The US medical system isn't perfect, & those of us
    working in it readily agree there's room for improvement. But I look
    at one of the people I love with all my heart & see what a wonderful
    thing that system was able to do for him. To anyone who would say his
    treatment was "unnecessary" or that it wasn't "cost-effective", I
    raise both my middle fingers ....

  3. >[email protected] (Jan) wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]1.aol.com>...
    >> http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2003/10/29/medical_system_is_leading_
    >> cause_of_death_and_injury_in_us.htm
    >>
    >> October 29, 2003
    >>
    >> Medical system is leading cause of death and injury in US

    >Car accidents, cancer, heart disease, & violent human interaction
    >account for numbers far higher. But not a surprising false claim by
    >the Nutrition Institute of America......

    Yeah, didn't someone post the Actual Leading Causes of Death as recently as
    yesterday? ;)

    http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/factsheets/death_causes2000.htm

    Actual Causes of Death in the United States, 2000
    In 2000, the most common actual causes of death in the United States were
    tobacco (435,000), poor diet and physical inactivity (400,000), alcohol
    consumption (85,000), microbial agents (e.g., influenza and pneumonia, 75,000),
    toxic agents (e.g., pollutants and asbestos, 55,000), motor vehicle accidents
    (43,000), firearms (29,000), sexual behavior (20,000) and illicit use of drugs
    (17,000).

    Actual causes of death are defined as lifestyle and behavioral such as smoking
    and physical inactivity that contribute to this nation’s leading killers
    including heart disease, cancer, and stroke.

  4. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: Medical System Leading Cause Of Death & Injury In US
    >From: [email protected]CSaint (Amalgams are Super Fantastic)
    >Date: 4/27/2004 1:12 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >>[email protected] (Jan) wrote in message
    >>news:<[email protected]>...
    >>> http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2003/10/29/medical_system_is_leading_

    cause_of_death_and_injury_in_us.htm

    >>> October 29, 2003
    >>>
    >>> Medical system is leading cause of death and injury in US

    >>Car accidents, cancer, heart disease, & violent human interaction
    >>account for numbers far higher. But not a surprising false claim by
    >>the Nutrition Institute of America......
    >>

    >Yeah, didn't someone post the Actual Leading Causes of Death as recently as
    >yesterday? ;)
    >
    >http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/factsheets/death_causes2000.htm

    Umm. 2003 comes AFTER 2000.

> [...]

    the entire American medical system.

    The findings, described as a "revelation" by Martin Feldman, MD, who helped to
    uncover the evidence, are the product of the first comprehensive studies on
    iatrogenic incidents. Never before has any study uncovered such a massive
    amount of information with regard to iatrogenesis. Historically, only small
    individual partial studies have been performed in this area.

    Carolyn Dean, MD, a physician and author who also helped to uncover the
    findings said, "I was completely shocked, amazed, and dismayed when I first
    added up all the statistics on medical death and saw how much allopathic
    medicine has betrayed us."

    The Nutrition Institute of America is a not-for-profit, non-partisan
    organization that has been enlightening the public on health issues for nearly

    Download the whole report here.

[...]

  5. Michele

    Michele Guest

    [email protected] (Jan) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > >Subject: Re: Medical System Leading Cause Of Death & Injury In US
    > >From: [email protected]CSaint (Amalgams are Super Fantastic)
    > >Date: 4/27/2004 1:12 PM Pacific Standard Time
    > >
    > >>[email protected] (Jan) wrote in message
    > >>news:<[email protected]>...

    > cause_of_death_and_injury_in_us.htm

    > >>Car accidents, cancer, heart disease, & violent human interaction
    > >>account for numbers far higher. But not a surprising false claim by
    > >>the Nutrition Institute of America......
    > >>

    > >Yeah, didn't someone post the Actual Leading Causes of Death as recently as
    > >yesterday? ;)
    > >
    > >http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/factsheets/death_causes2000.htm

    > Umm. 2003 comes AFTER 2000.

    The article cites some of its statistics from 1995 & 2001. The
    numbers didn't do an about face between 2000 & 2003.