Medium Fold Rush for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joeg

Almost-new medium Fold Rush for sale. Black, purchased new from dealer April 2003 - not sure how
long he had it in stock. 9 speeds, 11-34 cassette, SRAM Rocket shifters and composite brake levers,
Shimano 105 front caliper brake, rear V-brake, 170 mm FSA carbon crankset triple, Easy Racers
Blackburn rack that folds with bike, Koolback seat, Shimano 105 headset, rear 700c Mavic Open Pro
Rim with 32 spokes, 28c CyclePro rear tire, front 451 Sun rim with Schwalbe Stelvio tire.

I'm also including an older (came off another bike) heavy-duty Zipp fairing, which is fairly
scratched but still servicable. I'm not including fairing mounting hardware - keeping that. Also,
carbon fiber front and rear Easy Racers fenders are included, with some scratching and denting. Both
items are included as-is.

I have to speak with Pat at Terracycle - it has a prototype Easy Reachers underseat rack for Fold
Rush which works well; however, I want to have Pat's permission before selling this with the bike.
The price is irrespective of whether this is included it or not - if he agrees, it's a bonus to
the buyer.

I'm selling the bike because I have decided I prefer the lighter hardtail Gold Rush Replica and
Cobra seat. The bike is in excellent condition.

It was $3500.00 new in April, plus it has fenders, a rear rack specifically made for the Fold Rush,
an expensive carbon crankset, and a serviceable fairing that you'll need to purchase mounting
hardware for.

$2600 new or best offer. Buyer pays shipping.

Please contact [email protected] for more details or to purchase. Serious inquiries only.

Originally posted by Joeg
Almost-new medium Fold Rush for sale. [...]
I'm selling the bike because I have decided I prefer the lighter hardtail Gold Rush Replica and Cobra seat. The bike is in excellent condition.[...]
Please contact [email protected] for more details or to purchase.

Where are you located?

The only review on the Fold-Rush I recall reading said it was faster than the GR. I take it you disagree?

johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

Seattle,

I would say the Fold Rush is probably faster on flats or downhills where the roads are rough. But
the hardtail bike climbs faster for me. It's lighter. I also prefer the Cobra seat, because I can
push into it - you're not supposed to do 'leg presses' into the Koolback seat, and that's the only
option on a Fold Rush.

Note that I'm in *extreme* minority here; almost everyone rides the Koolback seat.

"John Riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Joeg wrote:
> > Almost-new medium Fold Rush for sale. [...] I'm selling the bike
because
> > I have decided I prefer the lighter hardtail Gold Rush Replica and
Cobra
> > seat. The bike is in excellent condition.[...] Please contact [email protected] for
> > more details or to purchase.
>
>
>
> Where are you located?
>
> The only review on the Fold-Rush I recall reading said it was faster than the GR. I take it you
> disagree?
>
> johnriley1 (at) rogers.com
>
>
>
> --
> >--------------------------<
> Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

I'm putting this bike up for sale on Ebay on Sunday nite - if anyone wants to buy it direct before I
do so, please make an offer.

"JoeG" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Seattle,
>
> I would say the Fold Rush is probably faster on flats or downhills where
the
> roads are rough. But the hardtail bike climbs faster for me. It's lighter. I also prefer the Cobra
> seat, because I can push into it -
you're
> not supposed to do 'leg presses' into the Koolback seat, and that's the
only
> option on a Fold Rush.
>
> Note that I'm in *extreme* minority here; almost everyone rides the
Koolback
> seat.
>
>
> "John Riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Joeg wrote:
> > > Almost-new medium Fold Rush for sale. [...] I'm selling the bike
> because
> > > I have decided I prefer the lighter hardtail Gold Rush Replica and
> Cobra
> > > seat. The bike is in excellent condition.[...] Please contact [email protected] for
> > > more details or to purchase.
> >
> >
> >
> > Where are you located?
> >
> > The only review on the Fold-Rush I recall reading said it was faster than the GR. I take it you
> > disagree?
> >
> > johnriley1 (at) rogers.com
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > >--------------------------<
> > Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

Status
Not open for further replies.