Medium or Large frame? Help please.

matchbox1

Apr 4, 2004
I had a Cannondale Jekyll stolen a couple weeks ago and am now shopping for a new bike. I'm looking online and the obvious problem is that you can' do a test ride. Honestly I'm not sure what frame size I had. I saw it in a local shop, liked it and bought it. I'm currently looking at a Cannondale Scalpel 1000. I am 6' and weigh 190lbs. Would you suggest a large or medium frame? Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by matchbox1
I had a Cannondale Jekyll stolen a couple weeks ago and am now shopping for a new bike. I'm looking online and the obvious problem is that you can' do a test ride. Honestly I'm not sure what frame size I had. I saw it in a local shop, liked it and bought it. I'm currently looking at a Cannondale Scalpel 1000. I am 6' and weigh 190lbs. Would you suggest a large or medium frame? Thanks for the help.

CD dont come in s/m/lg.
They come in cm,like 58cm,ect. I'm 6',192 on a 58cm so you should be around that 57-59cm

Originally posted by shokhead12
CD dont come in s/m/lg.

Yeah Right,

Anyways back to the facts, I would recommend a Large. Being the scalpel is more XC than All-Mountain you may want more of race position than an upright one. I am 6' 3" and the XL fits perfect, however on there All-Mountain/FR models I preferred the L. So depending on your use - Large for XC/ Race type use and Medium for All-Mountain/FR use.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. I'm aware that the geometry is typically given in cm but everything I was looking at said either medium or large when it came to the frame.

You are correct Matchbox. CD's Mountain bike line all come in S,M,L categories. Shokhead may not have been reading your Q carefully enough and was only thinking road frames.