MegaExo interchangeable with Hollowtech II?

Why? The DA 10 bb has better bearings and priced between $50 to $80.
Why bother?

bfd wrote:
> Why? The DA 10 bb has better bearings and priced between $50 to $80.
> Why bother?

I knew somebody was going to say that :)

I am helping someone spec a bike. He is going to get a Pinarello Dogma
FP which has a special oversized bottom bracket. It can be ordered with
a square tapered spindle, an ISIS spindle, or a Hollowtech II version
which I assume is just a set of bearings with the proper diameter and
offsett to use Hollowtech II cranks, but I do not know for sure, and
won't know for sure until the frame arrives. He wants to use FSA
cranks.

Joseph

Sounds like a good reason to NOT buy the Dogma....Once you are tied into
something...it just makes life miserable in the future!

-r

news:[email protected]...

oclvframe wrote:
> Sounds like a good reason to NOT buy the Dogma....Once you are tied into
> something...it just makes life miserable in the future!
>
> -r

I found out it has a threaded sleeve option where you can mount any
standard ITA bb, or use the Pinarello oversized bearing versions of
ISIS, or square taper. All these are interchangeable, so no vendor
lock-in. So there are still only 4,700 reasons not to buy a Dogma FP,
instead of 4,701!

Joseph

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

>bfd wrote:
>> Why? The DA 10 bb has better bearings and priced between $50 to $80.
>> Why bother?

>I knew somebody was going to say that :)
>
>I am helping someone spec a bike. He is going to get a Pinarello Dogma
>FP which has a special oversized bottom bracket. It can be ordered with
>a square tapered spindle, an ISIS spindle, or a Hollowtech II version
>which I assume is just a set of bearings with the proper diameter and
>offsett to use Hollowtech II cranks, but I do not know for sure, and
>won't know for sure until the frame arrives. He wants to use FSA
>cranks.

Why bother buying a frame with a special BB? A few years down the line when
that BB interface is discontinued he will be stuck with a very expensive and
useless frame.
Alex