Road Cycling · Public discussion

Megeve Mont Blanc info?

Started by SmithersMPLS · · Last activity · 3 posts · 875 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
24 February 2004
Last activity
2 March 2004
Original author
SmithersMPLS
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
875
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I hope this is not too far off topic. I was wondering if anyone here has done the Megeve Mont Blanc?

    timemegevemontblanc.comtimemegevemontblanc.com

    I would appreciate any feedback that you might have in regards to this event, thanks!

    --
    SmithersMPLS (remove NOSPAM to reply)

    [email hidden]

    smithersmpls.blogspot.comsmithersmpls.blogspot.com

  2. I've ridden twice, and will probably be there this summer. They have moved it to earlier in the
    season now, from the start of September. It's a nice event, the climbs are beautiful and not too
    tough compared to something like the Marmotte. From memory, about 1,200 people take part.

    I have written two diary entries on my website, the Grenoble Cycling Pages, for the two occasions
    I've ridden.

    grenoblecycling.free.frgrenoblecycling.free.fr

    Cheers, Russell

    "SmithersMPLS" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    kc.rr.com...

    Quoted message said:

    I hope this is not too far off topic. I was wondering if anyone here has done the Megeve
    Mont Blanc?

    timemegevemontblanc.comtimemegevemontblanc.com

    I would appreciate any feedback that you might have in regards to this event, thanks!

    --
    SmithersMPLS (remove NOSPAM to reply)

    [email hidden]

    smithersmpls.blogspot.comsmithersmpls.blogspot.com

  3. SmithersMPLS said:

    I hope this is not too far off topic. I was wondering if anyone here has done the Megeve
    Mont Blanc?

    timemegevemontblanc.comtimemegevemontblanc.com

    I would appreciate any feedback that you might have in regards to this event, thanks!

    I did it 3.5 times. Great ride, good organization, fantastic landscapes. True is they changed the
    track, reduced the # of passes and the distance. Also, the event usually took place in late Summer
    while now they moved it in June. The only detail I don't really like of the event is the grouped
    start: it looks very messy and can be dangerous. If only they would allow for a "French start",
    giving a time window rather than an exact time... All in all, I would recommend it.

    Ciao,
    --
    Roberto Divia` Love at first sight is one of the greatest
    ============= labour-saving devices the world has ever seen.
    Mailbox: C02110 CERN-European Organization for Nuclear Research E-mail: [email hidden] CH-
    1211 GENEVE 23, Switzerland

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.