Megeve Mont Blanc info?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by SmithersMPLS, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. SmithersMPLS

    SmithersMPLS Guest

    Tags:

  2. Rstandring

    Rstandring Guest

    I've ridden twice, and will probably be there this summer. They have moved it to earlier in the
    season now, from the start of September. It's a nice event, the climbs are beautiful and not too
    tough compared to something like the Marmotte. From memory, about 1,200 people take part.

    I have written two diary entries on my website, the Grenoble Cycling Pages, for the two occasions
    I've ridden.

    http://grenoblecycling.free.fr

    Cheers, Russell

    kc.rr.com...

  3. SmithersMPLS wrote:
    > I hope this is not too far off topic. I was wondering if anyone here has done the Megeve
    > Mont Blanc?
    >
    > http://www.timemegevemontblanc.com/
    >
    > I would appreciate any feedback that you might have in regards to this event, thanks!

    I did it 3.5 times. Great ride, good organization, fantastic landscapes. True is they changed the
    track, reduced the # of passes and the distance. Also, the event usually took place in late Summer
    while now they moved it in June. The only detail I don't really like of the event is the grouped
    start: it looks very messy and can be dangerous. If only they would allow for a "French start",
    giving a time window rather than an exact time... All in all, I would recommend it.

    Ciao,
    --
    Roberto Divia` Love at first sight is one of the greatest
    ============= labour-saving devices the world has ever seen.