meindl MFS

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by David Sadtler, Mar 1, 2005.

  1. Has anyone an opinion on Meindl Borneo or Burma memory foam boots? I
    must replace my wonderful Scarpa veterans and I have wide feet, which
    Scarpa fit well.
    --
    David Sadtler

    Tags:

  2. David Sadtler wrote:

    > Has anyone an opinion on Meindl Borneo or Burma memory foam boots? I
    > must replace my wonderful Scarpa veterans and I have wide feet, which

    > Scarpa fit well.

    Very happy Meindle Nepal owner here, if that helps.

    Chris

  3. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    David Sadtler wrote:
    > Has anyone an opinion on Meindl Borneo or Burma memory foam boots? I
    > must replace my wonderful Scarpa veterans and I have wide feet, which
    > Scarpa fit well.

    I have Scarpa shaped feet, reasonably wide. My pals that have and like
    Meindls have much narrower feet, so if you like Scarpas I'd be inclined
    to start your window shopping with them, but whatever, make sure you try
    stuff on.

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

  4. tallbloke

    tallbloke Guest

    David Sadtler <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Has anyone an opinion on Meindl Borneo or Burma memory foam boots? I
    > must replace my wonderful Scarpa veterans and I have wide feet, which
    > Scarpa fit well.

    I've just replace my old scarpa bronzos with some s/h vibram soled La
    Sportivas, which have a nice wide fit.

    --
    tallbloke

  5. Idris

    Idris Guest

    "David Sadtler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Has anyone an opinion on Meindl Borneo or Burma memory foam boots? I
    > must replace my wonderful Scarpa veterans and I have wide feet, which
    > Scarpa fit well.
    > --

    Have wide feet too and have worn Meindls for a few years now, both Borneos
    and Nepals. Wouldnt wear anything else now, quality and comfort fantastic.

    Gerald
    > David Sadtler

  6. > Very happy Meindle Nepal owner here, if that helps.

    Likewise. I have had a pair of Nepal Pro a couple of years and they are
    brilliant. Being resoled once a year ago, but still an excellent walking
    boot.

    --
    sandy saunders @ www.thewalkzone.co.uk

    'Mountains or Mole Hills ... summiting still
    brings the same excitement'

  7. BeauGeste

    BeauGeste Guest

    Idris wrote:
    > "David Sadtler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Has anyone an opinion on Meindl Borneo or Burma memory foam boots?

    > > must replace my wonderful Scarpa veterans and I have wide feet,

    which
    > > Scarpa fit well.
    > > --

    I bought a pair of Meindl Borneo/Burmas a year ago - can't remember
    which but they were the Goretex ones. At first I thought they were
    great - comfortable straight away and no blisters or stubbed toes. It
    was only after I wore them for a few days on the trot that I became
    aware of a sort of compression pain as if the bones of my feet were
    trying to push down through the fleshy bits. To cut the story short I
    eventually realised the boots were too narrow - not a problem I'd come
    up against before. I measured the width of the sole of the boot and
    compared it with my previous (comfortable but cracked) boots. It was
    about 3/10 of an inch narrower.
    Anyway it was bad enough for me to stop using them even though apart
    from that they were great. I bought a pair of Raichles last week - not
    used them yet though so will just have to hope for the best.
    I'd suggest measuring the widest part of your existing boots and
    comparing that with your intended new purchases. Good luck.

  8. W. D. Grey

    W. D. Grey Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Peter Clinch
    <[email protected]> writes
    >David Sadtler wrote:
    >> Has anyone an opinion on Meindl Borneo or Burma memory foam boots? I
    >>must replace my wonderful Scarpa veterans and I have wide feet, which
    >>Scarpa fit well.

    >I have Scarpa shaped feet, reasonably wide. My pals that have and like
    >Meindls have much narrower feet, so if you like Scarpas I'd be inclined
    >to start your window shopping with them, but whatever, make sure you
    >try stuff on.
    >
    >Pete.

    Strange that you say this Peter. I find my Berghaus a bit on the narrow
    side but comfortable, on the other hand my Meindle trail shoes are fine
    for me - and definitely not narrow. perhaps the boots and trails shoes
    are to a different spec.
    --
    Bill Grey
    http://www.billboy.co.uk

  9. Roos Eisma

    Roos Eisma Guest

    "W. D. Grey" <[email protected]> writes:

    >In article <[email protected]>, Peter Clinch
    ><[email protected]> writes
    >>
    >>I have Scarpa shaped feet, reasonably wide. My pals that have and like
    >>Meindls have much narrower feet, so if you like Scarpas I'd be inclined
    >>to start your window shopping with them, but whatever, make sure you
    >>try stuff on.

    >Strange that you say this Peter. I find my Berghaus a bit on the narrow
    >side but comfortable, on the other hand my Meindle trail shoes are fine
    >for me - and definitely not narrow. perhaps the boots and trails shoes
    >are to a different spec.

    Sometimes it depends on where a boot is wide or narrow. I dismiss many
    boots for being too wide because they are too wide around the ankle, while
    someone else may be more critical about another part of the boot.
    Different lasts have different shapes, it's not just overall wideness.

    Roos

  10. Al

    Al Guest

    I have some Scarpa SL3's almost new and unfortunately they have set off an
    achilles problem, so I tried some Meindl's as the wife likes hers. However I
    find despite everyone saying that they are widish fit I found the leather
    comes straight from the sole unit (in the little toe area) across my toes
    squashing them. I have now settled on some Berghaus GR20's which have the
    same insole area but the boot fabric rises vertically a bit before it comes
    across the toes so giving the feeling of more width. I hope that makes
    sense. I also have put my superfeet inserts in and transformed them into
    very comfortable boots.
    I must say though I would have rather of had the Meindls if they had of
    fitted.

    Scarpa SL3's size 46 hardly worn anyone ?