meindl MFS

David Sadtler

Guest
Has anyone an opinion on Meindl Borneo or Burma memory foam boots? I
must replace my wonderful Scarpa veterans and I have wide feet, which
Scarpa fit well.
--
David Sadtler

David Sadtler wrote:

> Has anyone an opinion on Meindl Borneo or Burma memory foam boots? I
> must replace my wonderful Scarpa veterans and I have wide feet, which

> Scarpa fit well.

Very happy Meindle Nepal owner here, if that helps.

Chris

David Sadtler wrote:
> Has anyone an opinion on Meindl Borneo or Burma memory foam boots? I
> must replace my wonderful Scarpa veterans and I have wide feet, which
> Scarpa fit well.

I have Scarpa shaped feet, reasonably wide. My pals that have and like
Meindls have much narrower feet, so if you like Scarpas I'd be inclined
to start your window shopping with them, but whatever, make sure you try
stuff on.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

David Sadtler <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Has anyone an opinion on Meindl Borneo or Burma memory foam boots? I
> must replace my wonderful Scarpa veterans and I have wide feet, which
> Scarpa fit well.

I've just replace my old scarpa bronzos with some s/h vibram soled La
Sportivas, which have a nice wide fit.

--
tallbloke

"David Sadtler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Has anyone an opinion on Meindl Borneo or Burma memory foam boots? I
> must replace my wonderful Scarpa veterans and I have wide feet, which
> Scarpa fit well.
> --

Have wide feet too and have worn Meindls for a few years now, both Borneos
and Nepals. Wouldnt wear anything else now, quality and comfort fantastic.

Gerald
> David Sadtler

> Very happy Meindle Nepal owner here, if that helps.

Likewise. I have had a pair of Nepal Pro a couple of years and they are
brilliant. Being resoled once a year ago, but still an excellent walking
boot.

--
sandy saunders @ www.thewalkzone.co.uk

'Mountains or Mole Hills ... summiting still
brings the same excitement'

Idris wrote:
> "David Sadtler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Has anyone an opinion on Meindl Borneo or Burma memory foam boots?

> > must replace my wonderful Scarpa veterans and I have wide feet,

which
> > Scarpa fit well.
> > --

I bought a pair of Meindl Borneo/Burmas a year ago - can't remember
which but they were the Goretex ones. At first I thought they were
great - comfortable straight away and no blisters or stubbed toes. It
was only after I wore them for a few days on the trot that I became
aware of a sort of compression pain as if the bones of my feet were
trying to push down through the fleshy bits. To cut the story short I
eventually realised the boots were too narrow - not a problem I'd come
up against before. I measured the width of the sole of the boot and
compared it with my previous (comfortable but cracked) boots. It was
about 3/10 of an inch narrower.
Anyway it was bad enough for me to stop using them even though apart
from that they were great. I bought a pair of Raichles last week - not
used them yet though so will just have to hope for the best.
I'd suggest measuring the widest part of your existing boots and
comparing that with your intended new purchases. Good luck.

In article <[email protected]>, Peter Clinch
<[email protected]> writes
>David Sadtler wrote:
>> Has anyone an opinion on Meindl Borneo or Burma memory foam boots? I
>>must replace my wonderful Scarpa veterans and I have wide feet, which
>>Scarpa fit well.

>I have Scarpa shaped feet, reasonably wide. My pals that have and like
>Meindls have much narrower feet, so if you like Scarpas I'd be inclined
>to start your window shopping with them, but whatever, make sure you
>try stuff on.
>
>Pete.

Strange that you say this Peter. I find my Berghaus a bit on the narrow
side but comfortable, on the other hand my Meindle trail shoes are fine
for me - and definitely not narrow. perhaps the boots and trails shoes
are to a different spec.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

"W. D. Grey" <[email protected]> writes:

>In article <[email protected]>, Peter Clinch
><[email protected]> writes
>>
>>I have Scarpa shaped feet, reasonably wide. My pals that have and like
>>Meindls have much narrower feet, so if you like Scarpas I'd be inclined
>>to start your window shopping with them, but whatever, make sure you
>>try stuff on.

>Strange that you say this Peter. I find my Berghaus a bit on the narrow
>side but comfortable, on the other hand my Meindle trail shoes are fine
>for me - and definitely not narrow. perhaps the boots and trails shoes
>are to a different spec.

Sometimes it depends on where a boot is wide or narrow. I dismiss many
boots for being too wide because they are too wide around the ankle, while
someone else may be more critical about another part of the boot.
Different lasts have different shapes, it's not just overall wideness.

Roos

I have some Scarpa SL3's almost new and unfortunately they have set off an
achilles problem, so I tried some Meindl's as the wife likes hers. However I
find despite everyone saying that they are widish fit I found the leather
comes straight from the sole unit (in the little toe area) across my toes
squashing them. I have now settled on some Berghaus GR20's which have the
same insole area but the boot fabric rises vertically a bit before it comes
across the toes so giving the feeling of more width. I hope that makes
sense. I also have put my superfeet inserts in and transformed them into
very comfortable boots.
I must say though I would have rather of had the Meindls if they had of
fitted.

Scarpa SL3's size 46 hardly worn anyone ?