Mel Gibsons True Colors?

There is rarely cause for optimism in the world,DB.The human race has dug itself into a huge hole with its dependance on fossil fuels,and now we are trying to scrabble over each other to get out.
What is happening in the ME is all about oil and the major wars of the 20th C were all in one way another connected to oil.
Oil=Power and has since the beginning of the 20thC when the major powers started to equip their naval forces with oil-powered ships to replace the slower less powerful coal powered ships.Oil powered ships did not need coaling stations at close intervals to refuel and could travel much further distances.The switch in fuels sparked the arms race and all it took was a "War on Terror" in Serbia to spark the conflagration of WWl.
Germany,Italy and Japan had no oil supplies of their own and their aggressive expansion into the Caucasus,the Middle East and SE asia was an attempt to obtain the raw materials that would allow fascist ideology to survive and grow.
Fascism is the logical culmination of the "Military/Industrial complex" and I believe that the us is well down the road to fascism.All it will take is a catastrophe (such as a world-wide depression caused by falling oil supplies and consequent massive price rises) and the Iron heel will come crashing down again.
Take a look at conditions in the us before WWll.Industry was stagnant and unemployment was high with resulting labour unrest.WWll was the best thing that could have happened for the us.It wiped out unemployment and kick-started industrial expansion overnight and their geographic isolation from Europe largely protected them from the effects of the war.The us has been at war with the world ever since then.It wasn't long after the Vietnam war ended that the economic effects were felt and the us had to look around for a new war and they found,in the ME,a perfect place to start one.
Eventually the us will go to war with China.American manufacturing capacity is declining while they rack up the greatest debt in history to fund their military expansion,while their debt to China grows and China's economic growth runs wild.Eventually the us will have to repudiate that debt,which will mean war,or try to control the world's oil supplies to the exclusion of China,which will also mean war.It's either that or return to being an agrarian economy and no american politician could allow that to happen...it would be electoral suicide for whichever party is in power.
Drawing a crude analogy...the us is like a junkie who borrows from a loanshark to buy a pistol ,in the forlorn hope that he can rob enough to pay back the loan shark and have something left over for a fix...after which he has to borrow and the cycle starts again!
I may be incorrect about the source,but I think that it was Napoleon who said of China "Beware the sleeping giant when it awakes." and truer words were never spoken.
On the positive side,I think we've seen the last mel gibson movie,so it isn't all doom and gloom.
The more I think about the future of the world the more it looks like a combination of Mad Max and 1984.Maybe it's time to start looking around the Tasmanian coast for a bolthole.

Screw you all! I had back surgery in 1978 from a burst disc. I then weighed 125 pounds soaking wet at five foot seven. This made my gait and my weight distribution unequal and put further stress on my hips. That's the way I got made, which made my balance unequal and necessitated a hip replacement. Since I had a baby later in age at 36, I was set up for getting things that I usually would get later in life, to show up sooner. I'm having a day at the beach. You guys can go screw yourselves where you breathe. I don't know why I even come to this place. I really must be a masochist.

Mel has really got you guys stirred up. Your right about Americans being too fat though.

jhuskey said:
Mel has really got you guys stirred up. Your right about Americans being too fat though.

Yeah, we are so rich we get to eat all the junk food we want.

jhuskey said:
We do have our share of tubbies but we also have an abundance of blokes who are capable of fantastic feats of strength. Our bloodline is the most varied in the world since we havn't policed our borders for the last 30 yrs. We have English, Irish, Scottish, Swedish, Jewish, Hmong, Vietnamese, egyptians, Eritreans, anuits, Abyssinians, latinos, ect...

davidmc said:
We do have our share of tubbies but we also have an abundance of blokes who are capable of fantastic feats of strength. Our bloodline is the most varied in the world since we havn't policed our borders for the last 30 yrs.

Yes we do, but as I look at the general population I see room for a lot of improvement.
I have a lot of European friends that come here and after a couple of months they have gained weight.
I surmise that there is too much super-sizing going on.
Besides I know why Europe is jealous of us.....Cheerlearders and Gas grills. :D

jhuskey said:
Yes we do, but as I look at the general population I see room for a lot of improvement.
I have a lot of European friends that come here and after a couple of months they have gained weight.
Yes the cost of food here is low as we have huge areas of farmland. Food also is used as a cheap anti-depressant.

jhuskey said:
Ah yes the gas grill...We grill it right!

2FAST4U said:
A drop in the bucket mate...I think the Germans did it better....:mad:

The US must have come pretty close to the Nazi total in Vietnam and Cambodia. If they didn't, you have to ask what was the point in dropping more bombs on Vietnam than the total tonnage dropped by all sides in all theatres during WWII.

2FAST4U said:
A drop in the bucket mate...I think the Germans did it better....:mad:
2 million civilian deaths is not a drop in the bucket.
Go to Vietnam and take a look at the carnage that was visited on one of the poorest places in the world.Go and see the number of people who were maimed then and are still being killed and maimed today.Check out the numbers of children without limbs.
Compared to the number of civilians killed in Vietnam...3500 civilians at the World Trade Centre and 2000+ american soldiers killed in Iraq must be a really tiny drop in the bucket to you.

stevebaby said:
2 million civilian deaths is not a drop in the bucket.
Go to Vietnam and take a look at the carnage that was visited on one of the poorest places in the world.Go and see the number of people who were maimed then and are still being killed and maimed today.Check out the numbers of children without limbs.
Compared to the number of civilians killed in Vietnam...3500 civilians at the World Trade Centre and 2000+ american soldiers killed in Iraq must be a really tiny drop in the bucket to you.
How about these numbers...

Conflict Dead Casualty Months Revolutionary War 2.2% 5.3% 80 World War II 2.5% 6.6% 44 Appears we lost more soldiers fighting for the europeeins than our own country! In half the time I might add.

2FAST4U said:

Conflict Dead Casualty Months Revolutionary War 2.2% 5.3% 80 World War II 2.5% 6.6% 44 Appears we lost more soldiers fighting for the europeeins than our own country! In half the time I might add.
The figures for WWll...does that include the Pacific theatre?

It's your choice. If that's the case, you should write your thesis and submit it to the rest of the academic world i.e. that Israel never existed or didn't feature on a map e.t.c. Obviously nothing I say will convince you otherwise.
By the same token, if you have evidence to suggest there was a country called England in the time of the first Roman invasion of Kent, present your evidence.
The Romans accepted Israel and Judea existed in 1000 B.C. but there was no map of England even by 20 A.D. and I'm pointing this out, basically to throw a spanner in the works of a pretty silly argument.
I can recommend a very good ancient history site where you can discuss these views with the regulars. If you wish, I can invite you to the forum and you can choose to back up your theory publically.

limerickman said:
I can't recall anyone discussing England. Now instead of posting something which has no bearing on this topic, address the issues.

I do recall you making false claims about the existence of a Jewish State prior to 1948.
There was no Jewish State prior to 1948.

2FAST4U said:

And yet America still lost a tiny weeny fraction of the total Europeans lost in WW2.

darkboong said:
And yet America still lost a tiny weeny fraction of the total Europeans lost in WW2.
Thanks for making my point...There were many european Jews exterminated in WWII....2nd, I would hope that we had lost less...since IT WASN'T OUR FREAKING COUNTRY TO DEFEND!
lastly...Can you expound upon "white only" australia?

2FAST4U said:
Thanks for making my point...There were many european Jews exterminated in WWII....

True. America knew about the Ethnic Cleansing, the concentration camps and the like, but chose to do absolutely nothing about for 8 years. Meanwhile Prescott Bush fed the Nazi party fed with US Dollars.

Millions of Russians snuffed it too.

2FAST4U said:
2nd, I would hope that we had lost less...since IT WASN'T OUR FREAKING COUNTRY TO DEFEND!

Same goes for Brits in Afghanistan and Iraq. Not our fight, and it's a bloody stupid pointless fight at that. We gave up Empire 50 years ago, I would have hoped that Tony Blair would have pulled his head out of GWB's ******** long enough to take that fact on board.

2FAST4U said:
lastly...Can you expound upon "white only" australia?

Sure, it's not White Only, and the treatment of the locals is plain old wrong.

With all that said the US still killed millions of Vietnamese.

Millions of Palestinians have been killed and driven off their land in Israel since 1948.

All wrong, all bad. Game over. Quit trying to excuse Massacres with Massacres, it's lame.