{Melb} April BikeFun calendar

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
x-posted to aus.bicycle in the public interest:

____________________________________

*** April BikeFun ***
...We deliver fun

Thurs 6 - Sun 9 Apr - Celluloid Cycles – A festival of bicycles on film
As people take to their bicycles in ever-increasing numbers, films about cycling are enjoying a renaissance. And now Melbourne audiences get to finally see the best of current world cycling cinema and the pioneering films that started it all.

From homemade bicycles in the Australian outback to the peaks of the Giro d'Italia in the mid-70's, Celluloid Cycles includes films covering the whole spectrum of the world cycling community. Kaleide Theatre / RMIT / Swanston St, CBD. (between La Trobe St and the City Baths)
http://www.celluloidcycles.com.au/

Fri 7 & 21 Apr - PubBUG: Fortnightly Goatage
Approx 6pm, Mountain Goat Brewery. Warehouse 1, 18 River Street, Richmond (entrance is on North Street just by the corner of Clarke St) Goat Management allows your trusty bike to be parked inside the premises & the doorbloke is very nice.
organiser: cfsmtb

Fri 14 Apr – Full Moon Moonee Ponds Creek Ride
8:15PM - Jacana Stn. (Broadmeadows line) Catch the 7:09 or 7:39 from Flinders St. Ride back along Moonee Ponds Creek to the city (~30km) by the light of the full moon. Picnic on the way back.

***********************************
Fri 21 Apr – Midnight Mystery Ride
***********************************
10PM - Terminus Hotel / 492 Queens Pde, Clifton Hill
An exploration of forgotten spaces in the urban matrix and an experiment in place-making. At 10:30 we ride (~7km). Our destination: a mystery. We stay until the last one leaves. Beverage stop along the way. Bring fun to share.

***************************
Fri 28 Apr - Critical Mass
***************************
5:30PM, State Library.
Last Friday every month. Ride, represent, party. Pick up May BikeFun. organiser: you

Friday 5 May Farren Bicycle Collection + Mountain Goat Brewery:
6pm - 131 Brighton Street, Richmond (Melways 58 F1)
Come along, mingle with fellow cyclists, and view the amazing vintage bicycles & tricycles collection. Later during the evening we can adjourn to the Mountain Goat Brewery (cnr of River & Clarke St, Richmond) Goat Management allows your trusty bike to be parked inside the premises & the doorbloke is very nice. (where have we heard that before?)

Coming in May - The Great Super Hero Ride!

Bike Fun Melbourne: Promoting cycling community in Melbourne through prolific bike fun.

Please, have more bike fun.

cfsmtb said:
Friday 5 May Farren Bicycle Collection + Mountain Goat Brewery:
6pm - 131 Brighton Street, Richmond (Melways 58 F1)
Come along, mingle with fellow cyclists, and view the amazing vintage bicycles & tricycles collection. Later during the evening we can adjourn to the Mountain Goat Brewery (cnr of River & Clarke St, Richmond) Goat Management allows your trusty bike to be parked inside the premises & the doorbloke is very nice. (where have we heard that before?)

Wooohoo! Another opportunity to visit the amazing collection of the Farren's. If anyone didn't make it to the last day this was open I can highly recommend a visit. They have a wonderful collection of bikes, mostly dating from the 1890's including penny farthings and other assorted bone rattling beasts. The bikes downstairs have information cards to explain their history and there are even more bikes upstairs if that's not enough for you. My final piece of advice is to bring the camera!

SuzieB said:
My final piece of advice is to bring the camera!

Did that last Saturday, should have some pix up on my flickr gallery soonish. :)

"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Coming in May - The Great Super Hero Ride!
> Phone booth departure point TBA - see May BikeFun for full details
> organiser: moose & chicken

Bags going as 'Bicycle Repair Man' (a la Monty Python) ;-)

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@