Melb - BRx'ers Smiths Gully MTBers

JayWoo

Nov 8, 2004
Anyone know where those MTBers that we see at Smiths Gully Bakery go?

JayWoo said:
No idea, I've been curious since the lady at the bakery told me they were out MTBing. Might have to find out some day.

JayWoo said:

The guy who works there usually org's the rides.
There's a loop going down (roughly) parallel to Clinton's Rd which you see intermittently along the way and loops back up somewhere to the SW. There's quite a few loops around there apparently. One of the Nillumbik councillors does em with a group...

gplama said:
I'm guessing that dirt road off to the right as you head up from Clintons to the store... but where it goes, no lama knows!

Correct-o-Lama.

There is single track from near the St Andrews market car park that runs parallel to the creek. There is also some track in Boomers reserve, off the Ground Kangaroo - St Andrews Rd.

Last time the MTB & I rode there we took a local guide with us. I think some of the older tracks would be in the Off Road Cycling Adventures book.

You looking for some dirt? :p

Bikesoiler said:
Last time the MTB & I rode there we took a local guide with us. I think some of the older tracks would be in the Off Road Cycling Adventures book.

You looking for some dirt? :p

Sure am! I got onto a crusty old thread on 26inches that has a bucket-o-info on the area. There is also some ride descriptions on VicMTB's site for the area too.

Yes, I do. They head off on some singetrack and end up doing a long loop around a dam that is near-by.....then head back via some singletrack that pops out down near St Andrews Pub..

Ha ha.. a guy living in BNE, answers questions about Melb..

flyingdutch said:
is that the sound of one Rhino pineing??? :D
I don't want to talk about it:confused:

Nah dutch, it was a good move, and the cycling (both MTB and Road) is fantastic. The only drawback is Brisbane is the only capital not to have an indoor velodrome!!!!

DISC, with its 250 meters of wooden banking love.....I miss that most. And the yarra flats singletrack, and the fixie alleycats, and coffee at pelligrinis, and vintage jersey shopping at episode, and StAndrews cafe and the descent from Kinglake, and the crits along the bully.........

Oh well....winge winge:)