Melb: Cats & Dogs on BoM Radar

And there’s me this morning thinking, “nah, don’t need to fit the rear guard on today" as I head off to work....

"Marx SS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> And there's me this morning thinking, "nah, don't need to fit the rear
> guard on today" as I head off to work....
>

> --
> Marx SS

I popped mine on yesterday, took a look at it and thought 'nah, it looks too
daggy, besides, it aint gunna rain'
:(

On 2005-11-07, dej (aka Bruce)

> "Marx SS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> And there's me this morning thinking, "nah, don't need to fit the rear
>> guard on today" as I head off to work....
>>

> I popped mine on yesterday, took a look at it and thought 'nah, it looks too
> daggy, besides, it aint gunna rain'

Don't you guys ever read the weather report? Compulsory reading, I say!

--
TimC
Press any key to continue, any other key to abort

"TimC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 2005-11-07, dej (aka Bruce)
>>
>> "Marx SS" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> And there's me this morning thinking, "nah, don't need to fit the rear
>>> guard on today" as I head off to work....
>>>

>> I popped mine on yesterday, took a look at it and thought 'nah, it looks
>> too
>> daggy, besides, it aint gunna rain'

> Don't you guys ever read the weather report? Compulsory reading, I say!

Of course..
well, kinda:)

Wonderin what the weathers gunna be like on wednesday for the kew crit..
Scored a cheapy roadbike off ebay that i can ride to work and race (dont
wanna park good roady at work)..
Only problem is, the bike is pink..It didnt look that pink in the photo's on
the ebay ad:(
So if i show up on a pink bike, i'd better win:)

In italy, if you're in pink, doesn't mean you won big time?

As for the BOM site. living in Melb you et by with the one forecast - Fine, occational showers & light wind. It's just that Spring in Melb doesn't coorospond with this outlook which complicates things.

On 2005-11-07, dej (aka Bruce)

> "TimC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Don't you guys ever read the weather report? Compulsory reading, I say!

> Of course..
> well, kinda:)
>
> Wonderin what the weathers gunna be like on wednesday for the kew
> crit..

Damn. Was meant to be 25, but now revised to 29 and rain. Maybe next
week? :)

> Scored a cheapy roadbike off ebay that i can ride to work and race (dont
> wanna park good roady at work)..
> Only problem is, the bike is pink..It didnt look that pink in the photo's on
> the ebay ad:(

Did someone put it in the wash with a red bike?

--
TimC

TimC said:
Damn. Was meant to be 25, but now revised to 29 and rain. Maybe next
week? :)

Hey Tim, stop looking for a copout. Its going to be 29 deg with a LATE change, ie after 6:45pm. Also its not 32, which was your excuse last week :D

essendon93 wrote:
> TimC Wrote:
>

>>Damn. Was meant to be 25, but now revised to 29 and rain. Maybe next
>>week? :)
>>

>>>Hey Tim, stop looking for a copout. Its going to be 29 deg with a LATE
>>>change, ie after 6:45pm. Also its not 32, which was your excuse last
>>>week :D

I'm not looking for excuses this week but can someone confirm if it is
$10 for D grade? If so, any idea why the increase, is it the usual
insurance costs?

I reckon they need a cheaper entry fee, say $5, for any one who
guarantees they'll be lapped at least once. And if you aren't lapped on
that fee you have to pay a fine of $10 (I'd gladly pay the fine if I
ever lasted that long). I'm sure Dutchy won't like this idea, seeing it
will reduce his potential winnings in the next week or so ;).

DaveB

DaveB said:
essendon93 wrote:
> TimC Wrote:
>

>>Damn. Was meant to be 25, but now revised to 29 and rain. Maybe next
>>week? :)
>>

>>>Hey Tim, stop looking for a copout. Its going to be 29 deg with a LATE
>>>change, ie after 6:45pm. Also its not 32, which was your excuse last
>>>week :D

I'm not looking for excuses this week but can someone confirm if it is
$10 for D grade? If so, any idea why the increase, is it the usual
insurance costs?

I reckon they need a cheaper entry fee, say $5, for any one who
guarantees they'll be lapped at least once. And if you aren't lapped on
that fee you have to pay a fine of $10 (I'd gladly pay the fine if I
ever lasted that long). I'm sure Dutchy won't like this idea, seeing it
will reduce his potential winnings in the next week or so ;).

DaveB
Yep its now $10. CSV are taking $1 for each rider, so it was easier to bump the price up to 10 bucks. Theres also more prize money available apparently, so its not a total wipeout.

essendon93 said:
Yep its now $10. CSV are taking $1 for each rider, so it was easier to bump the price up to 10 bucks. Theres also more prize money available apparently, so its not a total wipeout.
At Glenvale (Run by Carnegie Caulfield) they left their entry at the original level ($10) and simply lowered the prize money, which i reckon is the way to go as this keeps the majority of people happy. And Rusty from hawthorn pocketed $95 bucks for a b grade win anyway!:cool:

TimC said:
Don't you guys ever read the weather report? Compulsory reading, I say!

I used to use the weather report to decide if I should ride or not. After many examples of them being totally wrong, I gave up on it. I even stopped looking out the window before leaving in the morning. The trick is to get totally kitted up to leave and then leave, no matter the weather. In Melbourne, I never had a totally rainy commute. Some longer rides could get pretty miserable (ask Neil) but mostly the rain only lasts 5-10min and I'd be dry on arrival.

hippy
weather forecasts are evil

hippy said:
I used to use the weather report to decide if I should ride or not. After many examples of them being totally wrong, I gave up on it. I even stopped looking out the window before leaving in the morning. The trick is to get totally kitted up to leave and then leave, no matter the weather. In Melbourne, I never had a totally rainy commute. Some longer rides could get pretty miserable (ask Neil) but mostly the rain only lasts 5-10min and I'd be dry on arrival.
With my commuting, there is no question about whether to ride or not.
However the BoM Radar allows you to decide when to ride.
Waiting half an hour or leaving earlier can mean the difference between
a wet ride and a dry ride. Some days it is just continuous drizzle,
but often there are half hour gaps between the rain bands.
That's enough for me to get home almost dry if I time it right.

TimC> On 2005-11-07, dej (aka Bruce) was almost, but not quite,
TimC> entirely unlike tea:
>> "Marx SS" <[email protected]> wrote
>> in message news:[email protected]...
>>> And there's me this morning thinking, "nah, don't need to fit
>>> the rear guard on today" as I head off to work....
>>>

>> I popped mine on yesterday, took a look at it and thought 'nah,
>> it looks too daggy, besides, it aint gunna rain'

TimC> Don't you guys ever read the weather report? Compulsory
TimC> reading, I say!

Nope, quite the reverse in fact. If I know what the weather's going to
be, where's the fun in that? I'm riding regardless and I've got all the
gear I need to cope with the climatic variances commonly found in
Melbourne so what possible benefit are weather reports to me?

A couple of weeks ago the weathermen were predicting a humdinger of a
storm on a Sunday afternoon. Being storm watching types Suzie and I
brunched at North Point (formerly known as North Road Pavilion) on
North Road.

Did we get our promised storm? No, not even a little bit. Didn't hit
till three day later in the middle of the night!

See what looking at the weather reports gets you? Out of pocket, that's
what! Only reason we went out for brunch was the promised storm! I've
a good mind to demand recompense off the BoM. A pox on weather reports
I say. What have they ever done for us?
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

"Euan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> TimC> On 2005-11-07, dej (aka Bruce) was almost, but not quite,
> TimC> entirely unlike tea:
> >> "Marx SS" <[email protected]> wrote
> >> in message news:[email protected]...
> >>>
> >> I popped mine on yesterday, took a look at it and thought 'nah,
> >> it looks too daggy, besides, it aint gunna rain'

> TimC> Don't you guys ever read the weather report? Compulsory
> TimC> reading, I say!
>
> Nope, quite the reverse in fact. If I know what the weather's going to
> be, where's the fun in that? I'm riding regardless and I've got all the
> gear I need to cope with the climatic variances commonly found in
> Melbourne so what possible benefit are weather reports to me?
>
> A couple of weeks ago the weathermen were predicting a humdinger of a
> storm on a Sunday afternoon. Being storm watching types Suzie and I
> brunched at North Point (formerly known as North Road Pavilion) on
> North Road.
>
> Did we get our promised storm? No, not even a little bit. Didn't hit
> till three day later in the middle of the night!
>
> See what looking at the weather reports gets you? Out of pocket, that's
> what! Only reason we went out for brunch was the promised storm! I've
> a good mind to demand recompense off the BoM. A pox on weather reports
> I say. What have they ever done for us?
> --
> Cheers | ~~ __@
> Melbourne, Australia | ~ (*)/ (*)

Storms predicted for Ed night never came, so I got hoem quite warm and dry.
Monday night though...got drenched!!!!

Giant ATX840