{Melb} Cinelli vs Territory - Kew Junction this morning.

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by eddiec, Jul 4, 2006.

  1. eddiec

    eddiec New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2004
    Just wanting to do the roll call of regular eastern suburbs cyclists here to check we're all well, and not the poor individual who appears to have collected or been collected by a Territory at Kew Junction this morning, at about 8am.

    Looked nasty (as in being careful not to move the guy), but as there was another cyclist there, plus someone who looked like they knew what they were doing medically, and could hear an ambulance on the way, I moved on...

    Everyone here safe?

    Tags:

  2. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    eek! only a short sprint from home... I was tucked up in bed at 8am!

  3. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    eddiec wrote:
    > Just wanting to do the roll call of regular eastern suburbs cyclists
    > here to check we're all well, and not the poor individual who appears
    > to have collected or been collected by a Territory at Kew Junction this
    > morning, at about 8am.
    >
    > Looked nasty (as in being careful not to move the guy), but as there
    > was another cyclist there, plus someone who looked like they knew what
    > they were doing medically, and could hear an ambulance on the way, I
    > moved on...
    >
    > Everyone here safe?

    Not me, and personally I reckon the intersection at Cotham Rd and High
    St is worse than the junction. People coming from the west and blindly
    turning right without even a thought of giving way.

    DaveB

  4. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    hey! i saw that. did same take as you.
    Cinelli? shite. hope it aint one of the Braunstien boys. They live in Kew.
    Daniel is off the the XC worlds in rotorua shortly to rep Oz.
    Not that that makes him any less not-hittable :(

  5. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
    Statistically, I think Kew Junc. was the worst location in the area for incidents involving cyclists. Has anything been done to the area to make it safer?

    hippy

  6. Jono L

    Jono L Well-Known Member

    Joined: